Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2006 BC Mens Cup - Round 1 Results & Quarters Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

you can't see me

Apr 23, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Look forward to Treights Gorge game. Treights should have pounded PAU by alot more. After being up by 4 at half they slowed things down. Then going down to ten men helped PAU look a bit better. On the day the best team won

Walt

Apr 29, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vantreights 4 Pau 2 it was a game of 2 halves vantreights scored 4 in the first half. Followed by 2 goals from Pau in the second but i thought as a treight we could have scored atleast a couple in the second half to. Just a question for PAU did u have those 10 stunning girls by your bench to distract the vantreights? i will be honest i was looking over all game lol Gorge vs Vantreights next weekend always a battle:wa: :wa: :)

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tunes said:
Hey I guess the peace arch guy was right...the Treits are heaidng home pissed on the "retard bus". I didn't see the game...but 3 bagel at half sure sounds like a thumping from a bunch of retards?
I don't play for Peace Arch.

And I'm not sure who stole PAU's jerseys... but whoever did sure got humped today.

WAB... FVSL with our tails between our legs... Very disappointing weekend for us. Summary:
- Lions did better than expected (i understand the game was tight until the last 10).
- Langley was the BETTER TEAM in the first half of their game today... I left at half with the expectation that I would be reading of a "major upset" right about now.
- Chili got thrashed... I cannot believe this one. I expected them to be fired up for this one... evidently not. They have proven they are a good league team, but can't perform for any cup.
- PAU tried to show up at half time... and they would have probably pulled it off if they had either of their keepers healthy for the match. As WAB said... he was shocking. VT took their foot off the gas... but 2 of their "retards" took stupid cards (one a second yellow/red... the other a "shot" at goal about 10 seconds after the offside was called). There is no way VT will make it much further with that lack of composure.

BTW I have no idea how studsup finished the game... or the first half, for that matter... was that ref your brother?;)

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Walt said:
Just a question for PAU did u have those 10 stunning girls by your bench to distract the vantreights? i will be honest i was looking over all game
No kidding!!! There was a toight (like a toiger) little number in a yellow top that was giving me a nudger... i had to move to the other side of the park so i could concentrate on the match.

Mumms

Oct 10, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, it is true... CHWK had a shocking game. No real excuses... hats off to Clambus, they came in and capitalized on a couple of early uncharacteristic mistakes and from there on, the hole kept getting deeper and deeper. As Sir Ullrich stated, "Chilliwack did one thing right on the day, they found the field." After the beer and shock of such a poor performance wears off I will be looking forward to watching some good games. Good Luck.

The Vike

Nov 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does anyone know who got sent off for the trieghts? That makes next week a little more interesting if it was one of their starters.

Predictions:

Gorge over Trieghts 2 - 0
Surrey over Firemen 4 - 2
Clan over Inter 1 - 0 OT
Croatia over Sapp 2 - 1

Tad Hamilton

Apr 16, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seags got 2 yellows, pretty weak second yellow he got, but what can you do. I've noticed alot of predictions of gorge to win, but we all know it will be a great game and a battle.

Predictions:

Gorge vs Treights- Im not predicting anything here.
Surrey vs Firefighthers-2-0 surrey
Inter vs Columbus- 2-1 pks for inter
Croatia vs Sapp- 2-1

By the way who cares where the game is. Hampton and RAP are both great pitches.

The Vike

Nov 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tad are you on crack! ;) There is no way you can compare Hampton to RAP. There is no comparison, The turf at Hampton with a true roll to the holes and bumps and absloye trash of RAP oh not to mention the grass that is 4 feet high!!!!

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
6' 5" said:
Langley was the BETTER TEAM in the first half of their game today... I left at half with the expectation that I would be reading of a "major upset" right about now.
Well, I'd like to disagree with that "BETTER TEAM" shout. I thought Surrey played quite well the first 30/35 and created a bunch of opportunities that were foiled in the final third or the finished just lacked. Langley had a good spell of free kicks and corners in the last 10 of the half, any of which could have taken a bounce a gone in, but really there wasn't much more for them. We were pretty tight at the back and I don't honestly remember any of them breaking away from our guys. Of course I don't remember going to bed last night either. I do hope I got laid. Langley of course threatened near the end of the game as they pushed for the tie, but as cup games go, we were sitting back and defending the lead, it's not pretty but it has to be done. They're a good side and they're a hard working team too, there is no doubt, but a BETTER TEAM, even on the day, I'm not so sure. It's hard to say when you're involved.

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
whataboutbob said:
Another Prediction:

Me thinks Masi got the red card for Croatia.

Last weekend or this weekend??? :confused:

Last weekend, he didn't get the red, cuz he never played; Now this weekend.... I hope he doesn't get the red card. Especially after just finishing a 4 game suspension. :rolleyes:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great day to watch a couple of games yesterday.

Tough watching PAU get humped like they did. I have a lot of respect for what that team has done over the years, specifically Cainy, who has put his heart and soul into the team. Saw Mike after the Surrey / Langley match, and the man looked like a guy who was beaten, crestfallen, and very, very tired. Dare I say, time for a few of the boys to recognize what they've done, be satisfied w/ their legacy, and make a move to bring in some younger, hungrier talent. This isn't meant to be disrespectful to the guys there now- far from it- but there was a large discrepancy in pace and competitiveness yesterday. VT penetrating the box at will, not unlike the Surrey United Change room on "KNVB wears a wig" night. Granted, PAU was missing some key guys, but this just showed, more than anything, a lack of depth, and youth. From what I saw- and we moved on after 30 to watch the Surrey United / Langley warm up, and get good seats- this game could have just as easily been 5-0 at half.

Langley & Surrey: result was justified. Langley could not create the opportunities inside 20 yards. And, really, same w/ Surrey, for the most part. Both defenses played well, and towards the end of the first, I thought that Langley was coming on...like KNVB said, a couple of unlucky bounces shy of drawing first blood. But, Surrey was extremely strong in the back, led by Millar.

Second half, Surrey was able to hold a fairly strong edge in possession, and it seemed like we were heading to OT until that jinky little kid on the left side made a nice move down by the touch line to feed a hard pass across the box. Somebody (keep?) got a body part on it, but then everyone's favorite Muppet put away the sitter.

Both teams battled hard, tackled hard, and the pace was high. Although not terribly exciting, it was a typical Cup game. Suiting that it took a mucker goal to win this one. Langley at least showed how far the program has come, and that they are on the right path. They were full value in competing with likely the best team in the Province. Simply said, though, they need more of these higher caliber games during the regular season if they plan to push the plan forward.

jbeck

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Full credit to the Columbus boys: they were opportunistic, but earned all four goals and beat us all over the pitch, all game. Good luck to them in the next round.

After a restless sleep, I still can't explain what the hell happened. Mumms is spot-on--no excuses for this one. Little fire or passion, less organization or purpose on the field. We picked the wrong time to cough up that dog's breakfast of a game. It was the worst effort I've seen by the Chilliwack club since I joined up five years ago and a very disheartening way to end a standout season.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvbestdarncointosser said:
It's hard to say when you're involved.
When you say "involved", do you mean doing the coin toss?:D

Honestly, I was standing behind the Surrey net in the first half (strategically placed, I might add... to catch both games, and the parade of birds walking past... quite a brilliant spot). You really should get that field checked out, because it was tilted so badly, that SU was relying on their keeper to hump it up to the strikers just to get it out of the bottom of that steep grade (my favorite play, i might add...)

From the sound it, you took advantage of the descent in the second. Masterful executive decision-making on the coin toss.:knvb:

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Croatia vs Sapp 1pm Adanac Sunday.

followed by

Columbus vs Inter 3pm Adanac Sunday.

Werd

Walt

Apr 29, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
ahhh Croatia needs to relax you beat a team that had no goalie and had'nt won a game in a while. I predict inter will come out of that side of the draw. As for the other side i think Gorge might be favourites but it's a knockout competition it's who plays the best on that day.

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Walt said:
ahhh Croatia needs to relax you beat a team that had no goalie and had'nt won a game in a while. I predict inter will come out of that side of the draw. As for the other side i think Gorge might be favourites but it's a knockout competition it's who plays the best on that day.

Relax??? Whose been spouting off about the game this past weekend? :confused:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
but it's a knockout competition it's who plays the best on that day.
Insightful. Genius, really. I think the team that scores more goals on the day will come out ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0