Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2006 BC Mens Cup - Round 1 Results & Quarters Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langley Surrey exactly as I thought it would be. Very tight with a bounce or two to settle it. I will be the last to ever make the argument that we should be better than Surrey at this point. But anyone watching the game yesterday will be hard pressed to say Surrey had it in the bag at any point past KNVB's toss. We will be heavy under dogs coming out of the valley for the forseeable future. Agree or disagree, but Valley teams will have more 0 for 4's before being anywhere close to a level playing field. Yesterdays game by far and away the most intense game we have been in all year. Simply not enough good games in a valley season to prepare us for that stage.

Good luck to Surrey. Know and like enough of the guys to say I will be pulling for them going forward and look forward to seeing the game next Sunday.

Walt

Apr 29, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
BJB said:
Relax??? Whose been spouting off about the game this past weekend? :confused:
I was never spouting off. I was telling you how i saw the game against PAU we won the first half they won the second half. I was spouting off about how many good looking women came out to see PAU play. PAU was obviously missing bodies or it would have been a closer first half. Surrey/Langely from the second half i wathced looked like surrey had more chances inside 30 yards. Langley was content on playing the counter attack which often works against attacking teams. Not taking anything away from Croatia just stating they beat a team without there Goalie just like the Vantreights did.

Tunes

Apr 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tad Hamilton said:
Seags got 2 yellows, pretty weak second yellow he got, but what can you do. I've noticed alot of predictions of gorge to win, but we all know it will be a great game and a battle.

Predictions predictions......blah blah....both teams are going to lay it on the line. Could be a freekin boring defensive game..or an all out score-fest. All I know, is there will be no shortage or hard tackles.:eek:

Lookin forward to the Van results....a few good match ups this weekend.
Columbus to the final..

Tunes

Apr 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Treights may have won...but it sounded like PAU had the hotties on the side...nice work! Who cares about the game anyways....

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Walt said:
I was never spouting off. I was telling you how i saw the game against PAU we won the first half they won the second half. I was spouting off about how many good looking women came out to see PAU play. PAU was obviously missing bodies or it would have been a closer first half. Surrey/Langely from the second half i wathced looked like surrey had more chances inside 30 yards. Langley was content on playing the counter attack which often works against attacking teams. Not taking anything away from Croatia just stating they beat a team without there Goalie just like the Vantreights did.

OK.... :rolleyes:

The Vike

Nov 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not going to lie but GH needed more then Nate on the weekend to edge out Croatia. First theyneeded someone who could put the ball in the net. GH goal was brilliant, well placed shot, and Vlado created a great second oppurtunity but they didn't finish their dinner. Nate is a good keeper but they needed something other than Nate to win.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know why people keep bring up the peace arch keeper being absent. It sure wasn't the keepers fault they lost. There defense looked lost, slow and just basically horrible. The keeper actually made a few nice saves. What do you want the guy to do when he is being bombarded with chance after chance. The first half was shocking really, that was a very very bad team that played the first half.

Tad Hamilton

Apr 16, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Vike said:
Tad are you on crack! ;) There is no way you can compare Hampton to RAP. There is no comparison, The turf at Hampton with a true roll to the holes and bumps and absloye trash of RAP oh not to mention the grass that is 4 feet high!!!!

I Guess you haven't PLAYED on RAP in awhile, but the field has improved alot from the trash it was in the winter time. If it were my choice I would play on Hampton believe me, but I just don't see the need for people to start whining about where the quarterfinal is played.

p.s. I wish i was on crack;)

Tad Hamilton

Apr 16, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tunes said:
Predictions predictions......blah blah....both teams are going to lay it on the line. Could be a freekin boring defensive game..or an all out score-fest. All I know, is there will be no shortage or hard tackles.:eek:

Couldn't agree more with you Tunes..:)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bully,

Agree. Early on, Ryan made a few spectacular reflex saves off guys breaking in alone after easily beating the PAU sweeper. The kid was left alone, and even the league's tallest, skinniest, and shittiest golfer (needs to play w/ Dude more, and learn the way the game was meant to be played) couldn't have saved their bacon.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
You forgot "best looking"...

Besides... I retired. The jersey raising ceremony will be held a week after, erm, never.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
Second half, Surrey was able to hold a fairly strong edge in possession, and it seemed like we were heading to OT until that jinky little kid on the left side made a nice move down by the touch line to feed a hard pass across the box. Somebody (keep?) got a body part on it, but then everyone's favorite Muppet put away the sitter. Both teams battled hard, tackled hard, and the pace was high. Although not terribly exciting, it was a typical Cup game. Suiting that it took a mucker goal to win this one.

You have got to be kidding. Now I'm really doubting myself, but I thought I saw Thompson beat the defender to the ball, dribble right past the goalie on the 4 yard line and tuck it away - all this in tight quarters. It was a really nice goal; mucker it was not.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Remember the play well enough...the nice move was by the little midfielder who was getting all sorts of space on the Surrey left side of midfield. He collected the ball down near the touchline, beat the right fullback on touchline, and fed a nice hard pass / cross through the box. I believe it hit a body, and Thomo colleted the rebound, goal.

I'm very certain, up to the cross, anyhow. All the "nice" skill work was done by the kid who set the platter.

Anyone else? Where were you watching from, Wab? We were near half, South / East side.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
Remember the play well enough...the nice move was by the little midfielder who was getting all sorts of space on the Surrey left side of midfield. He collected the ball down near the touchline, beat the right fullback on touchline, and fed a nice hard pass / cross through the box. I believe it hit a body, and Thomo colleted the rebound, goal.

I'm very certain, up to the cross, anyhow. All the "nice" skill work was done by the kid who set the platter.

Anyone else? Where were you watching from, Wab? We were near half, South / East side.

The report on the news said it was actually an own goal so Thompson should not have even been credited with the goal. :confused:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We should phone him on the next show and ask...I'm sure by then he'll tell it as the greatest hat trick ever scored.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude, what were you smoking?:rolleyes:

The ball got played over top in which Nial beat the defender to the ball by sheilding him off, after that he took the ball in on the goalie on a very tight angle and nicley walked around him.

He then tucked the ball nicley into the goal and yes it was in tight quarters.

Sorry but W,A,B, pretty much called it exactly the same way.

Oh yeah, it was a very nice goal.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Apparently something good, and where the fcuk were you? Thanks for coming over to say hi, muppet. :rolleyes:

:D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So, I've been officially advise by one wig wearing Surrey United "Player" that I am, indeed, wrong. First time ever, btw. In my defense, I was busy until the wee hours of Sunday morning taking care of Utah, who was a fcuking yardsale at the bar the night before. ****ing bag of dicks; I blame him.

Tell me I'm at least right about the young kid who took home Nukomb's panties down by the touchline, to set the goal up? Nukes? Comments? Help a brother out...

The Vike

Nov 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The battle is set. It will be played at 7 pm on Saturday under the lights at Hampton.
It will be some good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0