Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2006 BC Mens Cup - Round 1 Results & Quarters Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
Anyone else? Where were you watching from, Wab? We were near half, South / East side.
I was at that end on the goal line fence east of the goal. I did see it clearly.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Vike said:
The battle is set. It will be played at 7 pm on Saturday under the lights at Hampton.
It will be some good stuff.

It's still daylight out till 8:30......or is the island on Mountain time?

The real BIG day is Sunday at Adanac Park for the BIG double header:
1 PM Sapp - Croatia
3 PM Inter - Columbus
I predict a crowd of over a thousand on the day.

Why couldn't they schedule the SU / Firemen game for Saturday after the O35 games so all the mainland games could be watched by the soccer community? There is definitely enough interest.

Walt

Apr 29, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes the battle is set too be played at hampton. The winner of the gorge/vantreights game will host the semifinals at RAP. Which means a very good chance a team from the island will be in the Cup Finals. Why does the mainland hate the islander's is it because of our Victoria United team in the summer?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would gather that about 99% of TTPers could give a toss about Vic United in the summer :rolleyes: Furthermore, I bet 110% of that 99% doesn't even know Victoria has a team in the summer or which league they play in.

So from that, one could infer that mainlanders probably just don't like retards, as politically incorrect that statement is...

:D

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predictions:

Gorge
Slurrey
Inter
Sapp

1 game will be settled in OT, 1 game will be settled by PKs.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
whataboutbob said:
3 PM Inter - Columbus
I predict a crowd of over a thousand on the day.

Yes all the Wops that used to go out and see the Italian league on Sundays will be all over this match, plus you will have 500 or so drunk Croatians hanging around, not that there is anything wrong with that.

Hope I can get out.

hos

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I must be in the in the 1% bracket then. Marrying into a family full of them has softened me, so that part doesn't bother me at all. Retards that is, not Islanders , that would be too much for anyone to handle.

Why is it you seem to think because the semi (supposedly) is on the Island, that an Island side is such a lock to be in the final?

norm

Apr 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Definitely looking forward to the island battle. I'm sure both teams would agree that if one was to go on to be successful in their BC cup run, that it wouldn't be complete without playing each other at some point. There is enough talent, skill, and depth on both teams to go deep into the tournament.

I'm sure those who watched the first half before moving on to watch a 'snoozer' of a game next door would have witnessed a weaker team in PAU, but also the attacking abilities of the island boys.

Whatever the outcome of the game this weekend, the team that has to come here for the semis will be in tough. Adanac sounds like it will be a blast, but if you want to witness a real classic, you best make it over saturday night to the island.

As for the gorge, that bald guy in the middle of the pitch looked familiar, #10 i think. oh wait, the mumblings of 'traitor' have been mentioned. off the park, we all get along and respect each other, but come game time, all ties are lost. a lot of buzz already, its going to be great atmosphere, looking forward to an entertaining match. :D

island son

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
I would gather that about 99% of TTPers could give a toss about Vic United in the summer :rolleyes: Furthermore, I bet 110% of that 99% doesn't even know Victoria has a team in the summer or which league they play in.

So from that, one could infer that mainlanders probably just don't like retards, as politically incorrect that statement is...

:D
It must be that the mainland has
no summer fans as their teams are very
entertaining, no, must be that United has been
very successful over the years. Alas, it is
better to be a retard than have one's head up
one's ass.

lookaturself13

Mar 6, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
norm said:
As for the gorge, that bald guy in the middle of the pitch looked familiar, #10 i think. oh wait, the mumblings of 'traitor' have been mentioned. off the park, we all get along and respect each other, but come game time, all ties are lost.
Glad you are thinking like we are. Just a word of warning, #10 is now a Gorge boy and loving it....so if you're thinking of taking a piece of him b/c ur sad at losing a great player...be my guest... just be ready for the ramifications.... we defend our own. Hopefully no stupid cards to ruin the game.

Walt

Apr 29, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Vantreights have no hard feeling's toward #10 he has close friends on Gorge. Ill be honest id rather have him in a treight uniform but i don't see one player making the difference this weekend its gunna be the 11 player's who want it more then the other 11.

Tunes

Apr 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regardless of the Island show down..it will be nice when one of the Island "retard teams" takes the BC's again.........I bet you mainlanders just hate the thought of an Island champion. ........uhm "retard champion".

Tunes

Apr 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
To our Van Treights buddies.....don't let the big game turn into a revenge fest on #10. He doesn't expect special treatment..but one silly tackle will hurt the quality of the game. Keep the head......or it will get ugly, and I'd hate to be the dummy on Treights to upset the "apple cart".

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Paranoid much? I think norms post was a bit tongue in cheek, Tunes. (insert mother joke here...) You're acting like something said on take the piss.com could ever be taken serious and translate to ill feelings on the park. I can't imagine such a thing ever happening over here.

Walt

Apr 29, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
As a Vantreight player there is No hard feeling's at all. No one is under contract everyone has the right to play where they want.

Tunes

Apr 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:
Paranoid much? I think norms post was a bit tongue in cheek, Tunes. (insert mother joke here...) You're acting like something said on take the piss.com could ever be taken serious and translate to ill feelings on the park. I can't imagine such a thing ever happening over here.

I'm Scottish:D

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:
Paranoid much? I think norms post was a bit tongue in cheek, Tunes.

Let knut tell you about calling players out on TTP, what was it that he said to the Carphan brothers? knvb hasn't jumped out of more tackles in his life, than an afternoon at Ambleside.

Got to love the Wind Ups.

Gorge in the Island Darby.
FireMan to take out Slurrey.
Croatia over Sapp. in PK's.
Clanbus has Inters number.

hos

norm

Apr 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
will moore bald guys show up for the game??? the only dirty things in the game may be the calls from the old boys on the sideline about how bad the substitute teaching is in victoria ;). as for number 10, great player and wonderful to have had him, but definitley no hard feelings. only thing being said to him is to order us all a "taxi" after the game when we're all mending our wounds over a few pints. i hope we get a ref that will let both teams play, but not tolerate any crap (like witnessing their captain last weekend grabbing his arm and yelling at him about a so called foul as the play was going the other way). no seags this weekend is unfortunate, but at least he doesn't have to worry about being spit on again, at least not on the field that is.

Tunes, a BC champ from the island has a nice ring to it. we know for sure that the island will be strongly supported come the semis. maybe some slurrey scooters or a flaming firetruck will come rolling into town come the semis!

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Semis & SU

I was informed by our league scheduler that the semis are on the island. Most likely Saturday.

Did anyone notice that Todd Stauber did not start for SU vs Langley? In fact he only came on 25 minutes into the game because Blakeway got injured and then he was subbed out at half. Staub went to the locker room after half pretty pissed off. Not only is there some waves in the SU camp, but look for Todd to be in different colours next year.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That is some brilliant detective and deductive reasoning, WAB. Agitha Christie would most certainly be proud. I bet you were really good at those choose your own adventure books when you were a teen, in the 60's, weren't you? Did you happen to notice how they always end the way you want, funny eh?

You should have heard Millar at half time go off, right after Niall stopped swearing and wetting himself. Awful stuff. Last it was left after the punch up we had on Monday, is that Millar, Niall and Stauber are all leaving after the season and heading back to Burnaby. That's alright though, Millar is truly a cnut and Colin Phillips will fit into Staubers spot nicely. Any thoughts of who you're going to replace him with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0