Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2008 Knights Summer League

Status
Not open for further replies.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peace Arch 3 - Surrey Strikers 2 (PK's)

Awful game to watch I'm sure, both teams had little touch or fitness going for them. It seems we also love to give up PK's as we took another one to spot them a 1-0 lead. At least it was a foul this week. We tie it up, the Tosh sends a cracker in the top corner to give them the lead, we tie it with like 5 to go. Our new winter signing has now taken 8 shots and has 5 goals for us, seems to be a good pickup. I shank our 3rd PK to give them the win in the shootout. At least afterwards was comforting :D

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nomads won the Langley derby beating the Knights 3-2.

We were down 2-0 early and suffered from some poor finishing. Rain started out coming down cats and dogs, but the second half was perfect soccer weather.

Love the LUFC Athletica bringing the stereo to the field (à la BlazeArmy), makes for great pre and post game.

Highlight of the day: Me returing from my sprained MCL.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Strikers 3 - SFC Rangers 1

Back and forth game with some ugly goals, the first one was slow as hell but I don't think the keeps saw it until it was 3 feet from the goal line. The 2nd was just a nice run and no Ranger could catch him. Third was a thing of beauty :D Goalie punts it upfield, mis-kicks and drills straight at me, one touch and shot into the open net. Makes up for my purse swinging shot on the 2 on 1 we had near they end. We get lazy for the last 25 and defend, cost us the clean sheet in the 90th with a good cross and shot into the corner. Can't wait for the sun to stay out later then 8:30, on to Saltspring now.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Temple 2 - GN 2 Pk's

Went to three rounds of Pk's, no winner. Ref calls it a draw.

We had LOTS of chances, but no finish on the night. GN finished what chances they had. They went down to ten men in the first half, but kept working hard. Good clean game.

raul10

Sep 3, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
wording was ok, i just thought we were supposed to keep going 'til somebody wins. we've done that several times over the last few years.

This Bud's 4 You

Mar 10, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
GN won the game in shootouts...the referee thought it was only suppose to be 3 shooters and after clarifying it with the coaches the shootout was continued and GN won.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Strikers 4 - Sporting 1

Wow is all I can say. We start with 10, which include our 52 year old coach who hasn't (and shouldn't) played in over 30 years in net, which based on the 30 minutes he played until we got 11 the fact that it was 1-1 is not a good sign for Sporting. We then proceeded to dominate and miss at least 8 clear cut breakaways, which seems to be in fashion for us. Good clean game all around, I apologize for my brutal field lining skills.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sikh Temple 2 - Strikers 1

Another brutal turnout week for us, can't wait for our team to get back from Mexico. That said, even with a backline of 2 guys who played 90 the night before and one who hasn't played since February we did alright with 10. Props to our left back who we made play keeper. If we had any finish like we've had all season (except against ST) we'd have won this one easily. What's with the muppet on ST's sideline? Gotta love how the worst player on the park (who played like 30 min and was beaking as soon as he came off the park) is calling out a player because he can't run (he was injured but we couldn't sub him), then saying we're shite and the valley is shite when they should be playing us off the park considering the circumstances and we still more than enough chances to bury them. Hopefully next time we'll have more than the 10 or 11 we've had against them so far.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
You could beat us easily?

Don't make me laugh. We missed many, many chances as well.

You always come on here with excuses. Maybe next time we will actually play our players in the right spots. It's funny when we have our strikers playing sweeper, and our sweepers and defenders playing striker.

It's summer soccer. You lost. Again. Get over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0