Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2008 Knights Summer League

Status
Not open for further replies.

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
LUFC Nomads 5 - 3 Players FC

22 guys out this week. Poor old men on we're so exhausted after the game. We coulda shoulda woulda made it double digits. Lets not talk about defense, they scored on all 3 of their chances, one was pk another a break away. Cant wait till I get back there, stupid MCL.

Aparently they had two guys out from Aldergrover Premier, cant say I managed to pick them out from the crowd. :cool:

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langley rules
PHP:
	Sunday South Division Standings								

Pl	Team	GP	 Won	PKW	 PKL	 Lost	GF	GA	Pts
1	LUFC Nomads	2	2				11	5	6
2	LUFC Knights	2		1	1		4	4	3
3	Surrey FC Pegasus	1		1			2	1	2
4	Players FC	2			1	1	5	8	1
5	Surrey Hotspurs	1				1	2	6	0
6	Punjab Tigers	1	 	 	 	1	1	2	0

oh crap, can someone fix that mess? :D

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Honestly that guy gets arond more then the village bicycle. Hasn't he played on like 5 different teams in the last 5 years and left in bad or unhappy terms with each of them. Maybe everyone else isn't the issue. He's a good guy but fukc sakes....hey shaven...lurker:D

Ah, 'jive...nice of you to make an appearance. As always, you've got intellectual nuggets to share with us all. Also, as always, they're full of shite ;). I'll let others speak for my worth as a teammate, as they're all entitled to their opinion. At least I'm a 'good guy'...hey, that's something to build on!!

Perhaps I'm just older and wiser than most, and don't put up with the shite that others will. After all, it is just a game, and there's more to life. That said, I'm still around, and still playing, and still with the Rams and KH...for now ;). At least for the summer, the legend that is Shaven plays on...haven't done the summer gig in a few seasons, should be fun.

~Shaven.

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
WestCoast SC 3-1 Sikh United.

Chippy play and a goal two weeks in a row by me. Not a bad game except for the end when one of our players were shown a second yellow for asking for a foul.

WestCoast...What????

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sikh Temple 2 PK's - Strikers 1

Good game by both teams, numerous chances for both teams (I cleared one off the line and hit the crossbar) but lack of finish cost both teams (us more than them). Ref was great other than 2 brutal PK calls, the first one was one of the worst I've ever seen, the guy was shot by a well hidden sniper and the ref bought it after minimal shoulder to shoulder contact. The second wasn't as bad, both guys cutting down the corner of the 18 and the ball gets away from the player, both slide for it and they get a PK. I think there were like 5 yellows for dissent this game. Can't wait for the rematch, Sikh was a fun team to play against. Though what's the deal with the cheap stuff to the 2 smallest players on our team? Can't find anyone bigger to try and push around?

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sikh Temple 2 PK's - Strikers 1

Good game by both teams, numerous chances for both teams (I cleared one off the line and hit the crossbar) but lack of finish cost both teams (us more than them). Ref was great other than 2 brutal PK calls, the first one was one of the worst I've ever seen, the guy was shot by a well hidden sniper and the ref bought it after minimal shoulder to shoulder contact. The second wasn't as bad, both guys cutting down the corner of the 18 and the ball gets away from the player, both slide for it and they get a PK. I think there were like 5 yellows for dissent this game. Can't wait for the rematch, Sikh was a fun team to play against. Though what's the deal with the cheap stuff to the 2 smallest players on our team? Can't find anyone bigger to try and push around?

LOL.....

The first one was clear PK...that was why the ref called it. Gotta love it when the excuses come out for a loss. What's next, we paid the ref?:rolleyes:

The second was a clear PK as well. If your defender had just let the ball roll out, no call would have been made. Instead he decided a rugby tackle inside the 18.

As for pushing your smaller guys around, we have and always will be a clean team. If your "smaller guys" wanna get into dirty tackles, and play cheap, then they gotta expect some reaction. If you are gonna dish it, you better be able to take it.

We controlled the flow of that game and bottom line is we won.

Better luck next time.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The real question is whats with everyone posting knights summer league results and reports like they matter. Honestly drink some beer and enjoy a little soccer.

NDFC 2-1 Cliff avenue. We had far more chances and they had more useless possesion. Dude can let you know who deserves to win in that situation.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I do agree, this is a beer league. That would explain why we had defenders playing forward, and forwards playing defender.:D

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
LOL.....

The first one was clear PK...that was why the ref called it. Gotta love it when the excuses come out for a loss. What's next, we paid the ref?:rolleyes:

The second was a clear PK as well. If your defender had just let the ball roll out, no call would have been made. Instead he decided a rugby tackle inside the 18.

As for pushing your smaller guys around, we have and always will be a clean team. If your "smaller guys" wanna get into dirty tackles, and play cheap, then they gotta expect some reaction. If you are gonna dish it, you better be able to take it.

We controlled the flow of that game and bottom line is we won.

Better luck next time.

I disagree with the PK calls big time, the first more that the second, but it is summer so it wasn't as disheartening to lose. I didn't say you guys were dirty either, there were some late hacks both ways but those had more to do with being tired than anything malicious. Was that the "Dave Morris" of Whitecaps fame out there? Once he went back to D when you had the lead we couldn't get anything by him, monster in the air.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, that was Dave playing.....at his summer pace.;)

We also had three over 40 guys playing as well.:D

Anyways, good luck next week.

Hatman16

Oct 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Atleast not playing sporting means you wont loose 5-2 again eh hat?

I just wanted to get a run in against the guys from sporting.

You see, i was suspended for our game against them in the regular season,
but 5 - 2 give us a little credit man......

I think we got them next month, we shall see........dun dun dun dunnnnn!!

burkee&nonis

Aug 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
WRU 3 Sikh United 2 after pk's. We started of with 9 men for the first 15-20 min and played with 10 men the rest of the way. It was a good hard fought game and they were lucky as we controlled most of the game. They were the lucky one's. Next time they won't be so lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0