Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2008 Knights Summer League

Status
Not open for further replies.

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Burkee and Nonis,

Time to change your nickname!!! Both parties now gone from your beloved Canucks. Perhaps it's time for GRETZKY to come and manage the Nuckleheads.

Gilly

oldtimer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 22, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ajax 3 - N.W. Fusion (Key West Ford) 0
Just a brutal pitch at Mercer South, bumpy, slanted, and probably about 15 yards too narrow, would be perfest for 7-a-side, but way too crowded for 11. You could tell its summer soccer when their goalie, after retrieving the ball that had gone over the touch line, just punts it up-field instead of placing it down, everyone just stands there wondering what he's doing, and you hear " he's never played goalie before, don't worry, play on"

The_Reverend

Sep 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
2-1 for PA selects over wru in a horrible game from our side.... down 1-0 at half, would have been worse if not for some stellar saves by our keeper... scored 10 min into second half off a set play.... and potted another about 15 min or so later off some nice passing work. however, we had some difficulty with our positioning and assignments... hard to gel first game with the new guys and missing some stalwart regulars... need to play better rest of season... but a W is a W...

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canuck (or anyone else from Sporting), how you guys looking this summer? Same team or a bunch of different guys? I have decided to play tomorrow (the knee feels fine) so watch out! :rolleyes:

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
There has been a Shaven sighting.....

Honestly that guy gets arond more then the village bicycle. Hasn't he played on like 5 different teams in the last 5 years and left in bad or unhappy terms with each of them. Maybe everyone else isn't the issue. He's a good guy but fukc sakes....hey shaven...lurker:D

canuck

Jan 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canuck (or anyone else from Sporting), how you guys looking this summer? Same team or a bunch of different guys? I have decided to play tomorrow (the knee feels fine) so watch out! :rolleyes:

Welcome to D-1.We have pretty much same bunch for the summer. We do have a few pick-ups but for the most part same group. Good to hear your knee is good to go. I wish I was playing but still recovering from abdominal tear and doesn't look like I'll be back until late summer or winter season. Does Mark Curran still play for you guys? If so tell him his old Sry. United keeper says hi. Have a good summer season!

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Welcome to D-1.We have pretty much same bunch for the summer. We do have a few pick-ups but for the most part same group. Good to hear your knee is good to go. I wish I was playing but still recovering from abdominal tear and doesn't look like I'll be back until late summer or winter season. Does Mark Curran still play for you guys? If so tell him his old Sry. United keeper says hi. Have a good summer season!

Brutal, ab injuries suck. You going to be there? I wish Mark still played for us, we thought we'd be in trouble last year losing our top scorer but clearly we did all right. It'd be nice to have him for next year for sure, but I'm pretty sure he'll still be in Kamloops. Possibly see you tonight, good luck.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey Strikers 5 - Sporting FC 2

Bad game for both teams, you could tell some new guys getting to know one another. We jelled quicker than they did. With some better finishing we could have hit double digits as we missed 3 breakaways and numerous open strikes. Not that it's unusual for us. Sporting kind of gave up at the back after 3, and we gave up a goal 5 minutes in and with 3 minutes left, both brutal defensive play. But considering we started with 4 D and one broke his nose 15 in, I'd say we did alright. On to Sikh Temple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0