Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2010 Nations Cup

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Excellent job done by the organizers again. We were unlucky not to go through in our group. 7 pts and a plus 6 goal differential would do it almost any other year. Congrats to India on a well deserved win.

:bronco:

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
2010 Nations Cup is complete and I will post the final results later today (when I can open my eyes long enough to add them in the spreadsheet)

Thank you to everyone who came out and made the tournament another success.

Congrats to India (men's open) Canada (women's open) Scotland (over 30's) China (over 38's) and Scotland (over 45's)

Leanneedstosleepforthenext72hours

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
O-30's

Scotland 1 Italy I mean Germany 0.

Well done Scotland. Victory was never really in doubt. I have never heard so much in fighting on one team before - I could have sworn we were playing the Italians.

Long Live Scotland.

Cheers

JTL

If Shue was playing for Germany, and not Scotland I think the result would have been different. Bunch of moaners!:) 1 post, 2 breakaways, and a flurry of goal-mouth activity. Germany deserved better.:(

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I congratulate China for, I believe, their 1st title at the Nations Cup at the O38 level. Hopefully their teams, especially the Open will continue to improve and record crowds will follow. Their support is good, but I could only imagine what it would be if they were better.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard Korea had only 8 players this morning and they called the game half way through the second...looks like they will be demoted to the Qualifying round....
Qualifying round? Perhaps a 2 year ban before being allowed to try to qualify. Too many countries want into this event. If you do not respect the tournament, get lost.

While we are on the topic of Sunday morning disappointments, for the 2nd year in recent memory, Scotland Open has shown up without a keeper for the mean-nothing-to-us game. If Croatia won by 5 or 6 goals (4-0 was the end result) India would have potentially been out.
It happened to Germany 2 years ago with Scotland losing 4-3 to Canada and their goalie was a no-show and Colin Phillips ended up in net. It cost Germany the group advancement.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's what happens when you get a bunch of goons up front. You're just hoping for a lucky bounce off a goal mouth scrum. Sometimes it works but often it doesn't especially when you have the Gray brothers back there to defend.

Viva Scotland.

JTL

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Group of death:
India 2-1-0 with 9 GF 2 GA
Croatia 2-1-0 with 8 GF 2 GA
Germany 1-0-2 with 5 GF 6 GA
Scotland 0-0-3 with 1 GF 13 GA

Some thoughts after watching that group all tournament.
1 Scotland needs to change almost the entire group. With the exception of a few players, they are too old and way too slow. Against India it was 5-0 by the 20 minute mark with India running through the defense with absolutely zero resistance. Germany scored with ease when they went right up the gut. Everyone around the park saw it and know what has to be done.
2. India was very good. Fast and young and blitzing right from the whistle. Fun team to watch and admire. Got lucky vs a good physical Portugal side (PK win) but overall, very little in the way of weaknesses.
3. Croatia deserved better - not in this group, but if they were in another - say England's group, then they would have advanced probably to the final. (England was not that good)
4. Germany is very close to competing for the title. They played Croatia and India really tough and had some bad luck vs Croatia (including a long shot from 45 out after a bad turnover and an own after tying it 1-1). Germany is getting younger, faster, and more skilled all the time and played some excellent soccer especially against India after being down 2-0 within 10 minutes. I think they will win whatever group they are in next year as long as they stay away from India.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to India on a big win in the Final. As always, a great atmosphere at Nations cup, topped off by the semifinal shootout between portugal and india... and a well attended final in the mens open (I'm still shaking my head about the lino calling off Brum's PK save for leaving early. I think that is a terrible rule. Mind you... I am a goalkeeper.)

In the Mens Open Final Steve London had a huge save for Ireland midway through the first half, but Didar played hero for India, as he was the busier man on the day.

Well done to the Nations Cup Committee for putting on such a great event!

Thank you.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
And if it matters to anyone... Richmond Taxi is truly stand up. I left my Bose Sound Dock in the back of the cab at 3am Saturday night. When I realized it at noon Sunday, I called the cab company to find out the driver turned it in to the office, expecting for me to pick it up. Solid.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's what happens when you get a bunch of goons up front. You're just hoping for a lucky bounce off a goal mouth scrum. Sometimes it works but often it doesn't especially when you have the Gray brothers back there to defend.

Viva Scotland.

JTL

With all due respect (hence no respect at all) Germany shredded the 2 centre backs (2 breakaways) with some quick movement and the goons created all those scoring chances.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to India on a big win in the Final. As always, a great atmosphere at Nations cup, topped off by the semifinal shootout between portugal and india... and a well attended final in the mens open (I'm still shaking my head about the lino calling off Brum's PK save for leaving early. I think that is a terrible rule. Mind you... I am a goalkeeper.)

In the Mens Open Final Steve London had a huge save for Ireland midway through the first half, but Didar played hero for India, as he was the busier man on the day.

Well done to the Nations Cup Committee for putting on such a great event!

Thank you.

The players who came together to go under the Ireland name were excellent. But of the 20 on the roster, how many are actually Irish?

Germany struggled for many years after winning it back-to-back in early 2000 because they lacked good German players. But they accepted that that was what the NC was all about. I find Ireland always has this problem - everyone is Irish. Yes winning is important, but trying to stay heritage true is more important.

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd just like to start by saying thank you to the entire organizing committee, another great weekend of football and beautiful sunshine, if not for losing in the final, :( it would of been perfect!
India never stopped running and were rewarded late on, good on them for going until the final whistle. Gutting to basically give up 1 goal all tourney, and lose a final. Congrats to India once again.:)

WAB,

I can't speak for everyone on our roster, but if it helps, I've got Irish heritage through grandparents :cool:

So glad not to be working today, can't wait for next year..

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WAB:

China o38 = cheating, diving cnuts. Really fast cheating, diving cnuts.

Great time had by all us old farts, getting to catch up with some other TTPers (yes, even you, Whistleblower). Did some constructive recruiting for this winter; enjoyed the pints and the gong show in the beer garden. Thanks to Lean and everybody else involved in putting this on for another great year.

Trece

ps - hope the old gent who went down and had to be seen to by the ambulance crew was okay...

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WAB:

China o38 = cheating, diving cnuts. Really fast cheating, diving cnuts.

Great time had by all us old farts, getting to catch up with some other TTPers (yes, even you, Whistleblower). Did some constructive recruiting for this winter; enjoyed the pints and the gong show in the beer garden. Thanks to Lean and everybody else involved in putting this on for another great year.

Trece

ps - hope the old gent who went down and had to be seen to by the ambulance crew was okay...

Sounds like Scotland O30

The old guy looked OK when I went by him. He was wearing too much clothing - overheated and fainted. To come out and support your team only to be denied watching the final was really too bad.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Winning Nations Cup almost make up for the Dutch losing the World Cup...

Too bad Besty couldn't join us this year!

Attachments

• Scotland copy.jpg
    Scotland copy.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 263

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought that Scotland did what they had to do to win the final. Losing Notty after the first two minutes did not help, but Stuart stepping in for him did a great job, and JTL ran miles on one leg, and Rich Sumner played the whole game hurt and did not complain once. And once again, our captain was the difference.

Congrats boys, you deserved it...that was a great birthday present.

Sir M

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
With all due respect (hence no respect at all) Germany shredded the 2 centre backs (2 breakaways) with some quick movement and the goons created all those scoring chances.

I'm not sure which you game you were watching but perhaps you're getting confused with our open team.

That was a great tournament and I hope to be back next year for the repeat.

JTL

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0