Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2010 Nations Cup

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another Nations Cup in the books.........lost bank card, lots of purple glaciar berry cider, fantastic scenery in the beer garden, torn meniscus :mad:..........

Well done to the Committee who once again did a fantastic job or organizing the tournament. It really was a terrific atmosphere in the final and having India in the final certainly helps this.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another Nations Cup in the books.........lost bank card, lots of purple glaciar berry cider, fantastic scenery in the beer garden, torn meniscus :mad:..........

Well done to the Committee who once again did a fantastic job or organizing the tournament. It really was a terrific atmosphere in the final and having India in the final certainly helps this.

Last edited by a moderator:

guildford7

Oct 17, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
It seems as if the best teams played the first day, drawing 1-1 between India and Croatia...Besides Ireland, these two were the top teams.

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am working on the Results but it would mean staying awake for another hour so here is a quick summary

Open Men India 1 - Ireland 0
Womens Canada 2 - England 0
Over 30's Scotland 1 - Germany 0
Over 38's China 2 - India 1
Over 45's Scotland 2 - England 0

Thank you to all of the teams and spectators for making it another great weekend

Cheers, Lean

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
JTL, the game I watched (and unfortunately I watch a lot from the sideline) saw Shue miss an open net sitter from 1 yard out and block another on the goal post. I also saw Felderer get stopped on a breakaway in the 1st half from a beautiful 3 way passing play. I saw Meyer miss a breakaway after beating Planks from yet another pass up the gut. I'm sure I saw the corner flick that went off the post as well.

Maybe you were dry-heaving in the john during all this.:D

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It seems as if the best teams played the first day, drawing 1-1 between India and Croatia...Besides Ireland, these two were the top teams.
You have to put Portugal in the mix. And their uniforms were absolutely top notch!
Scotland, Canada, and Korea were not so good.

A

AMA

Excellent advice. That is what I have. I already started the exercise. Cheers!

i have an interior meniscus tear as well which happened 3 yrs ago when i missed the ball shooting with my weaker left foot.
MRI scan showed an interior tear. I don,t feel any pain in the knee but if i try bending my leg i can feel the pain then.
I,m 40 now and only used to play for fun with friends . I have gained about 30 lbs over the last 3 yrs due to to lack of exercise etc.
What will the recovery time by for me after knee surgery. I,m worried that having the surgery might make my knee worse.

Larry Dallas

May 8, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The players who came together to go under the Ireland name were excellent. But of the 20 on the roster, how many are actually Irish?

Germany struggled for many years after winning it back-to-back in early 2000 because they lacked good German players. But they accepted that that was what the NC was all about. I find Ireland always has this problem - everyone is Irish. Yes winning is important, but trying to stay heritage true is more important.

How Many on the German team were actually German?

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
JTL, the game I watched (and unfortunately I watch a lot from the sideline) saw Shue miss an open net sitter from 1 yard out and block another on the goal post. I also saw Felderer get stopped on a breakaway in the 1st half from a beautiful 3 way passing play. I saw Meyer miss a breakaway after beating Planks from yet another pass up the gut. I'm sure I saw the corner flick that went off the post as well.

So what you are saying is that Germany couldn't score and Scotland could.

Hence the result.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bobby,

I'm not sure what you mean by dry heaving. I didn't have food poisoning - but a very sore soleus. I think the Germans were outcoached and Bobby I don't know if you checked lately but the rules state whichever team scores the most goals wins so if you can't put one in the net you most likely won't win. Now we're beating a dead horse.

Viva Scotland.

JTL

Planks

Oct 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now all of you relax. Bob, apparently last year your victory was completely undeserved. Yet you won. This year you guys had many chances and could not convert. There is no doubt that the two teams are very evenly matched, yet in two completely different styles of game. Germany, big, strong, great in the air, and always dangerous in the box, Scotland, smaller, quicker, maybe a tad bit more skilled but not by much.don't take that the wrong way. It was an entertaining game to watch. Hopefully next year will be the rubber match. Having said that, both teams waiting for the hours until game begins, chatting and shooting the breeze, then going on the park and kicking the crap out of each other, you gotta love it. Some one had to win. Same as last year. Until next year....

By the way, I was waiting for that top corner shot you kept promising. Maybe in league. See you guys soon.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was going to ask the same thing.........Looking at the German Over 30s team.....some interesting Germans out there too.......one who was told by Germany in 1993 that they were not allowed to play for Ireland........

As we all know, once you get over the Open age group, I think ALL the teams (except Italy, China, and India) have trouble filling the spots with pure breads. But the German over 30 side still only had 2 (Levitt and myself - If I left someone out, please let me know). I am the very 1st to say to all I am not German but 1/2 Italian. And my story is pretty clear: Italy stopped fielding a team for 2 years after we won the Open in 1996. I did not play for 1 year and then was allowed by the NC committee to play for Germany in 1998 since there was not Italian team.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0