Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2017 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
There is a line between embellishing - when as Tulio mentions, you're close to goal and you're put off balance by a tap/push... could you stay on your feet, sure but you've lost your scoring chance so you go down.

Staging the entire incident I have no time for. Should not be in the game.

Keeper debate - all for rules to protect the keeper, but when keepers are attacking the ball, they play by the same rules. Shea went in safely. the keeper was reckless.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Got punched in the back of the head by my own Keeper while clearing a ball and split my eye open on the Rangers forward thick skull, not RF btw but just as thick a skull. I would have been happy if my keeper got a red card as I am not sure the cheap bastard even bought me a beer after and lets face it keepers are weird people.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Its easy to say diving is smart or a part of the sport. The punishment isn't harsh enough for the potential benefits it can provide. i still say u dive in the box and its caught, red card. You want to take that risk it could be a Pk or your team could now be up against it.

There is a fine line between gamesmanship and sticking to the integrity and fair play of the sport. I can't stand the grabbing the face when you have been hit in the arm or play acting. As I said I get going down easy with contact, that is different then what happened in the whitecaps game for instance. Sure anything to win, lame argument. Just my opinion, I like the battle, hard fought games. Not games decided by play acting that can completely transform a game.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Depends on the goalie, if @animal is in net...good luck walking away from that. :D

I've got strong opinions on the diving debate and I tend to side with @TulioMaravilha

I'd give my two cents on it but the @Soccer Coach - like hate I'd get would be unreal. Lol

@TulioMaravilha expressed it pretty well, and nobody hated on him. The other guy is a bit of a different flower that way; he'd express his opinion, then go on to say how we as Canadians are completely stupid about the game, our system is the worst ever, and how he can't wait to cheer for Mexico in the WC Qualifier.

Or something like that.

Last night was a disgrace of a line-up put out by a disgrace of a coach. Fcuking Robo has to go. Don't sit behind a mic, and tell the locals how important the National Championship, and qualifying for Champions league is important, then go and put out a second rate line-up w/ fresh difference makers on the bench.

Big errors, IMO:

1. Laba was fresh, sitting on the bench, and would have been a massive upgrade to Tiebert.
2. Not using Freddy at Striker. They gave Greig literally no respect, and it showed by the way they attacked as 11 from the beginning. Shea was the only guy in the 1st half they had to respect.
3. Rosales. WTF. He has no fitness to be a 45 minute starter, never mind 90.
4. If Davies torched them last week, go back to him. His energy at the start would be infectious.
5. Seiler is shite, deWit easily a better CB.

Would have gone:

Richey

Nerwinski Parker deWit deJong

Laba McKendry

Tetchera Bustos Davies

Montero

Shae & Nico off bench where needed. We only need to start 3 Canadians, all three don't need to go the distance. Davies doesn't yet count as Canadian till is Citizenship comes through.

Honestly, time to fire Robo. Problem is, my belief is that the uppers likely approved of tanking the CCL hunt in favor of their MLS run. Could have done both, fcuking hell.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You lot are better men than I .... I can't stand watching that shite unless I need a nap but just went through the highlights of the match and watched said incidents.

Firstly, the officiating in the MLS is a joke and seriously everytime I turn on a game, I watch supposed 'experienced officials' bottle it. The diving incident in the 59th minute was appalling and with the official 7 yards away max., for him to call a penalty with a pretty good view of it is plain out terrible. There are better officials on the local parks ..... seriously.

Anyways, I digress ... the keeper incident in injury time is a tough one. I think the big thing in really hard / tough / nasty challenges is to recognize intent (IMO anyways). Did the keeper come out & try to make a play on the ball or did he come out to wipe out the opponent ?? Usually on a field, you can watch the player's eyes and if they want to try & murder someone, 99/100 times their eyes are fixed on the guy they're trying to hammer. It's inconclusive to me and maybe you've all seen it from different angles but I'd have a hard time giving out a straight red on that challenge.

When does the Premiership start up again ? ;)

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
@TulioMaravilha expressed it pretty well, and nobody hated on him. The other guy is a bit of a different flower that way; he'd express his opinion, then go on to say how we as Canadians are completely stupid about the game, our system is the worst ever, and how he can't wait to cheer for Mexico in the WC Qualifier.

Or something like that.

Last night was a disgrace of a line-up put out by a disgrace of a coach. Fcuking Robo has to go. Don't sit behind a mic, and tell the locals how important the National Championship, and qualifying for Champions league is important, then go and put out a second rate line-up w/ fresh difference makers on the bench.

Big errors, IMO:

1. Laba was fresh, sitting on the bench, and would have been a massive upgrade to Tiebert.
2. Not using Freddy at Striker. They gave Greig literally no respect, and it showed by the way they attacked as 11 from the beginning. Shea was the only guy in the 1st half they had to respect.
4. If Davies torched them last week, go back to him. His energy at the start would be infectious.

Would have gone:

Richey

Laba McKendry

Tetchera Bustos Davies

Montero

Shae & Nico off bench where needed. We only need to start 3 Canadians, all three don't need to go the distance. Davies doesn't yet count as Canadian till is Citizenship comes through.

Honestly, time to fire Robo. Problem is, my belief is that the uppers likely approved of tanking the CCL hunt in favor of their MLS run. Could have done both, fcuking hell.

Glad I got a speeding ticket trying to get home in time for kick off.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No doubt. Why could he had not brought out Laba at least? Frustrating, this manager needs to go.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
You are one angry dude today posting both here and at the other site.

I'm okay with a coaching change but only if the front office goes first. I don't trust the same group to make a decision on a coach. They have had their chance it is time for someone else to be making soccer decisions in the front office.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What can I say, I love TTP, but only works if there is more than Dear Diary conversation.

100% on board w/ your house cleaning statement, my worry is it's actually the owners we need to clean out.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would be happy with new owners of both the Canucks and the Caps but I doubt that is happening.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Waiting on the Surrey Samosa Stuffers FC to make their CPL debut, so I can actually support a club I'd be proud of.

That, or assuming Victoria get a squad. Could support Victoria.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Imagine a Canadian Championship match-up in Newton? Samosa Stuffers FC vs. Whitecaps? The All-Apna Supporters section in SSFC Northside would put the Southsiders to shame, all rum fueled up. God help the ref who calls a PK against SSFC, they wouldn't make it outta the parking lot!

Fcuk me, I'd pay to get in. For sure! Besides, they'd have by far the best concession in the league!

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Too many traffic lights in Surrey the Southsiders would never make it on time traffic light changes take too long.

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude - seen the water planes up in Whistler- can you get direct flights from Whistler to Victoria Harbour?

Coach should feel heat - rested starters for MLS campaign - lose both the CCL and the easy win MLS game in between. Would have rather seen Amanda then Greig, if we're going with a B team at least try the young guys. I'm sure Greig is a good guy, but he's 27 and hasn't cracked an MLS team.. Liked the starting line up last week with Shea up front and Davies starting - Davies almost got us back in it there, but thats a lot to put on a 16 year old

Jigsaw

Oct 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Or something like that.

Big errors, IMO:

Would have gone:

Richey

Laba McKendry

Tetchera Bustos Davies

Montero

Rumour has it that Robbo shouted to Rosales "Get warmed up".
"You're coming off".

People are saying it was "A good effort".
I don't think they respect the tournament.
If they want to give young Canadians a chance in the first team, then introduce them 1 or 2 at a time.
Not too many at once, it's not fair on them.
Still not happy with the long ball over the top for players to chase.
Schoolboy stuff.
What happened to the striker getting the ball played into his feet, then laying it off & moving defenders out of their comfort zone to create space for oncoming midfielders to penetrate?
Seems very predictable to me.
Your thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0