Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Allstars Fraser Valley All Stars vs Van Whitecaps

kokanee

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
sixfyv said:
does GN have pictures of Coach in "compromising positions" or something??? Seems like a lot of picks from their team considering they are in 8th spot... and 3 teams ahead of them have NO selections.

Poiticsforever

I think Coach might have pictures of the GN coach in "compromising positions" Actually I dont know if he does, since I dont even know if GN has a coach. I personally dont agree with the 4 players from GN, Ravi Turre:rolleyes: Other than that, we did play some good footy after the christmas break. I believe we had 4points going into the christmas break, some desperate soccer on our part to stay up and a few player deserving to be on the allstar team.

Good luck and I will be there to cheer the team on, with a few Kokanee of course.;)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The selections that do baffle me a little are the GN choices. Agree with the others...this is a perpetually losing team. They've had ZERO success for many years now. I can understand one, maybe two outstanding players...but 4?

That being said, I don't think it is fair to accuse the choices as being political.

For one, Gary Moody is involved directly, and not one of the Delta boys were selected. Same w/ Big Bag- though not directly involved, is an executive member, and could have put in his two cents on his guys.

Knowing the selections from the Langley, Aldegrove, and Chili side, I suspect the coaches had some influence there, based on what they know. Patty- as great a guy as he is off the pitch- is a **** to play against. He brings it. I look forward to seeing him and Wilmets on the same side, both at their cnuting bests.

The team looks like it was selected to not only showcase tallent, but to win...otherwise Baily wouldn't be there.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I haven't watch a premier game all year but I only recognized two or three names - I guess that's because I am old and there is a new crop.

Don't be too hard on Coach as he has listed the players that have agreed to play. I am sure there are some players that have decided not to play for whatever reason. He can't talk about those players as it would take away from the team as it is now.

JTL

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thank You Jack, yes there are many things that go into selecting a team.

Some teams could not take the time to respond to our request in recomending not only their players but players that they would recomend.

Everyone would pick a different squad if given the chance.

This is the team for this game and we plan on adding a few more players for our game against the VMSL all stars.

Once again good luck to our players playing tonight!

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guinness said:
BTW, Phil Kotter - GN Sport? How many matches has this lad played? :rolleyes: I know he from SFU, but to add a 4th GN player is insulting to the rest of the league! ;) I guess Angus Burke was unavailable for selection?

someone sounds a little bitter to me... how could you argue that Phil doesnt deserve to be on the team.. he played a big part in helping us in the relegation battle, just ask the other center mids in the league that played against him. As you stated before Guinness you played 13 games this year, Phil played 11 with us so not much of a difference.

MilesLong

Sep 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
As expected there are complaints and opinions about players selected for the all star squad and not all teams being represented and this is understandable.

BUT keep in mind a couple of things:
- ‘Coach’ and his coaching staff have based selections on characteristics of players, not always the best players. He has created a team strictly on how they believe players play and deal with situations in games. He is picking players from the league to create a team with characteristics to compete and hopefully represent the FVSL. Imagine if all the best players in the league were forwards, who score goals and are in the right place at the right time. Even though they are the best player, you can’t just pick them. Who would play midfield and defence?

- The team or placement in league shouldn’t come in to affect when you are looking for characteristics of players from the league in order to form an all star team. Yeah GN is 8th and in the bottom of the league but if, hypothetically speaking, they had the four best players in the league, should they only pick two players because they place 8 out of 10 teams?

- Remember each player selected could be considered a good or bad pick depending on whose deciding the team. What matters is how you personally react and deal with the selections. You can’t control people’s opinions or selections, so IT IS WHAT IT IS!!!!

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know If I agree with all of PAU picks. they definitly deserved that many players but I question the choices to an extent. I personally feel Hos is a beast in there and very difficult to play against. Guinness probably feels he had his best season in a long time. Even though he is an irratating prick. 9 goals in 13 games is rather impressive. I expect a christmas card. It seems a few choices are on past play rather then a guy that had a really good season this year. Either way looks like a solid line-up and I'm sure the coaches took a lot of factors into account, good luck boys.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pretty sad that not one player from this side of the water made the team??? Sounds to me like the process of picking is quite the joke! From a spectators point of view I guess not many over hear will be making any of the games either.

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
little dissapointed in the squad. I dont see how there can 4 prem teams (poco, pomo, dmu, geu) that dont have one player better than GN's 4?

Peters from poco should have got a nod for sure over a few of GNS...and yeah why isnt Slane playin?

thefranchiseforpresident

geeser

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
little dissapointed in the squad. I dont see how there can 4 prem teams (poco, pomo, dmu, geu) that dont have one player

Pretty sad that not one player from this side of the water made the team??? Sounds to me like the process of picking is quite the joke!

Those players from those teams not picked should be upset with their coaches for not sending in their list of players for selection. Isn't that how the team is picked? No list/no picks

Some teams could not take the time to respond to our request in recomending not only their players but players that they would recomend.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
First off the GN boys were great tonight and did everything we asked of them.

Boys......Not that i have to but i am going to explain something here.

Everyone on here could pick their own All Star team!

I felt and still do we picked the right players........

Some teams failed....(more than once to recomend players and some players did not want to take part)

The players tonight all got along great both on and off the field and i look forward to our next up and coming games.......

The caps had Nash...Valente....Clarke.....Kindell running the midfield.....Give me a break?

They were serving the ball up to Sebrango and Morris up front.

These are very good players who just won a major championship.

Bottom line is we did get beat tonight but we look forward to playing the VMSL all stars as well as the Island all stars.

Thanks again to the many of you who supported the squad tonight and really showed your true colors?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What was the final score?

Would have liked to have made it, but the many early hours of work these days caught up- was sawing logs by 8:00 last night.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The final score was:

Whitecaps 7
FVSL Allstars 1

No mittens were harmed that were on display.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The caps had Nash...Valente....Clarke.....Kindell running the midfield.....Give me a break?

They were serving the ball up to Sebrango and Morris up front.

Yeah, bit stacked, eh?

Coach...did you find a few of the regulars got more time than last year? Last year I recall only Clarke being the regular to play significant minutes. The rest were guys they had on trial, or non-starters.

I take it the Whitecaps coaching staff gave the boys a friendly reminder of last years less than solid effort? :D

Good on you guys...as pointed out, a Championship winning professional side beat you, and it sounds like they were up for it. Not sure if ANY different players selected could have made a meaningful difference. Will be interesting to see how the VMSL game goes. I expect a much tighter match, hopefully after a few training sessions.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coach said:
Some teams failed....(more than once to recomend players and some players did not want to take part)

?
So boys on this side of the river you'll have to ask your coaches why they didn't want to be part of this?
I take my last comment back if this is true Coach.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0