Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FVSL AGM June 8th

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well Every team must be repesented or they are fined and Im sure none voteing members are welcome to come sit and listen...
you would think so anyways.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
No one said any un fair advantages took place.(your stirring the pot ) .But whos to say somewhere down the road it might..My god ..People in league positions have drained those leagues bank accounts and split town.(VMSL hello)..so dont say that no administrator would never do anything wrong...you just need to plan ahead and be safe is all Im saying...Just cause it hasnt happened doesnt mean it wont...
As for finding people to do the Admin job...well I heard from the top that any monkey could do the job so to find someone not involved in the league who would want $117 a day for 7 days a week for 8 months (tax free) a year would be a fricken no brainer...Infact with $28,500 as pay ..you could find a person with a college degree who knows the game who would love the job...and if they didnt run it as perfect as we wanted we could find another monkey with an add on craigs list faster than peeling a banana.
Lets face it here...28,5 k for 8 months is huge...
You all must remember we are a NONPROFIT SOCIETY with VOLUNTEERS...
Where we ever started to need to pay $28,500.00 for an Admin Job is beyond me.
And dont forget the huge job of registration is now done easy on line...
Yes the Admin does alot of work and should be paid...and its to late to go back on the amount we pay the Admin now.....(or is it)
So we cap it at 28,5k and if the Admin doesnt like the pay...we find one who does...
Remember ...Its our money we are giveing away here....
We get to vote on what happens with our money.

I will leave you with this...If our league is makeing enough money to pay Huge Salaries to Adminastrators....Why cant we pay less registration fees instead and find good people to work for less? They are out there.You just have to look.

Remember NONPROFIT SOCIETY HERE.
W :eek: W......league admin is making good paper. like rich said, it works out to $117 a day for 8 months, i'm not 100% sure but i dont think the league office is open 7 days so it probably works out to more $$ per day for the days the league office is open. if we're talking about a new administrator i think it should be someone who is reachable while FVSL games are on. say teams are out to play a game on a sunday night @ 8 pm and they cant get into a field or the lights aren't on and no one has numbers to call....if a team is travelling from a distance to get there on a sunday night and to not play the game would be a real pain, having someone from the league to call could be great and we could possibly get the game played . just over the course of the weekend, fri, sat and sunday from the first kick off till the last someone to call from the league in case of any emergencies. obviously the person won't be reachable the odd time here or there because their on another call or something but a quick call back and things are sorted out. the way things are running is quite good but of course it can be better. I HEARD the league makes a good amount of $$ over the course of a season. I ALSO HEARD from someone the league this year made about $70,000 ~ im not trying to start rumours or anything but thats what i heard and only when i see the treasurers report at the agm i will know how much the league really made. if the league really is making this much $$ then maybe we can vote on a slight decrease in annual registration fees? i also heard that majority of the selected players won't be attending this year's all star competition against the VISL. if the selected coach and some of the selected players are opting out of the all star game then why do we have it? how much $$ funding does the all star team/program get? all the info will be available june 8th, normally what happens is everyone wants to leave asap we just vote quickly or try to avoid voting and be on our way, i dont think that will happen this year. its very important that everyone be there this year. its going to be an interesting AGM.

BILLY BOY 11

Sep 13, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
I will leave you with this...If our league is makeing enough money to pay Huge Salaries to Adminastrators....Why cant we pay less registration fees instead and find good people to work for less? They are out there.You just have to look..

Did Rob J see this...lol

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Since when is $28500 a huge salary. Maybe back in 1925. You get what you pay for. Increased wages attracts better quality employees. If having a league administrator makes the league run more smoothly and it makes the FVSL a better place to play soccer then lets pay someone to do it. Do you think decreasing team reg. fees one or two hundred dollars a year is going to make a difference to each team? Let the league make the money and spend the money to make the FVSL as good as it can possibly be.

JTL

soccerking

Sep 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
G House,

I want to buy a pair of new shoes for the AGM.... could you please find out -- before I spend money on my new footwear--- if the AGM is going to be held on turf or grass?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Since when is $28500 a huge salary. Maybe back in 1925. You get what you pay for. Increased wages attracts better quality employees. If having a league administrator makes the league run more smoothly and it makes the FVSL a better place to play soccer then lets pay someone to do it. Do you think decreasing team reg. fees one or two hundred dollars a year is going to make a difference to each team? Let the league make the money and spend the money to make the FVSL as good as it can possibly be.

JTL

Pigs must be flying outside my window- I agree w/ JTL on an issue.

It's not a huge salary.

A good office manager will fetch anywhere from $45K-$65K plus benefits.. About the only issue I may argue is whether a full time employee is required. Maybe, maybe not. I'm sue Mr. Mills thinks so, because I'm quite sure he felt like it was a full time job last year. I can definitely see that.

Rich- if you keep getting volunteers to do this job, you will get those people burning out on a regular yearly basis. Is too much to do for free. And yes, I do know from experience. I'm on the second year of a two year term working on the BOD of one of my kid's sports, and I will NEVER go back after this year. It isn't a full time job, but it feels like it when you figure in all the hours of work that should otherwise be family or stress free time.

My bet is you can find a very qualified office manager that would be pleased w/ a pro-rated $40K-$45K salary. The equivalent of 3 full days / week, or 9:00-2:00 hours 5 days a week, equals out to about the salary range they are talking here (~$29K).

For some very qualified, no-nonsense office manager to handle all the admin duties, this is a great opportunity, and I'll definitely argue the league needs this position in place to ensure long term stability. Having a long term, consistent BOD is important to league continuity. We have good people in place now. Let's try and keep them there.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
When did the Nonprofit Society become a career or a bussiness....
A Person who helps a non Profit society is rewarded for working hard with, a Thankyou, a pat on the back. A Plack. Or a Cup named after them..But not a raise....The FVSL is not a Bussiness were you give commission or cash raises for hard work because a profit was shown....
The FVSL is NOT a Career where one can make a liveing running it.
Again its a Non Profit Society.
The Administrators part time job is given to anyone who wants to do the work for the amount of money the (MEMBERS) feel is the right amount to pay someone for the job...A job that is FUN and the person wanting to do it has ASKED to do it because they WANT to do it because they LIKE it.
Its not scrubbing toilets or digging ditches.....You dont need a college degree. Anyone can do it !...And if they dont do it perfect..we find another to do it...simple as that...PS there is a lineup of people who want to do it....yes there is a list.

No one said our Administrator did a bad job..Infact the job done was very good for the most part.
But we pay to much and a RAISE is definately out of the question.
PS the Administrator asked for a raise if you didnt know....A Raise to 42k
Thats right from 28.5 to $42,000.00.
thats $175 a day seven days a week for 8 months...tax free.
So you saying what we had paid before was ok ...how do you feel about almost doubleing the wage....Did he do that great of a job.....
Is he the only person in Vancouver that can do this job.?
Or is our Administrator just asking for 42k so we haggle and settle on 36k .

JTL..Dude ...What part of DICTATOR are you sucking.

There is NO haggle here...We members vote on what we want to spend on an Administrator.
We then take resumes from people who WANT the job at the wage WE set.
PERIOD!
There is a list of qualified people who want the Administrator job for 24k a year.
Why would our FVSL NonProfit society want to spend 42k or 36k or even 28.5k for a job that anyone can do..a FUN job where People are lineing up to apply for it.

Not an Executive takeing the job and telling us what he wants to get paid.

JTL and Dude..Honestly? did you know before this thread that our Administrator was being paid 28.5k ...ya im sure you new he was being paid...but did you really know the exact amount....Most managers 111 of them had no Idea...It was NOT hidden ,it was on the treasurers report.
Why then did hardly no one know.

They dont care, is one answer.
Its just not talked about till now because someone said 42k of our money????? is one answer.
Big Clubs control so much of the FVSL vote and the reps for each club forgets to mention to thier own managers or team reps what happened at the AGMs ,is one answer.
Independant Clubs with around 50 votes usually(and I have done this) make who ever lives close to the meeting hall go to the AGM so we dont have to pay the $150 fine.
Someone who sleeps through the meeting and wants to get the hell out of there in a hurry.. Because its June and Soccer is so far from my mind and who cares...we had fun..we did well..all the refs showed up...Really who cares whos Prez or vice prez...We have a Nice Website..Is another answer.

My point is ALOT of things just get pushed through our meetings and are not noticed.
At the last meeting when our Chair person asked if there were any questions..a pen was heard dropping on the floor at the back of the hall...for real...

Its time to wake up people is all Im saying..
Come to the AGM and be heard.
Pay attention.Listen..CARE!
and VOTE for what you believe in.
VOTE for what you would like to see happen or want.

JTL and Dude can VOTE to raise our fees so we can pay our Administrator $42,000.00

Its up to all of you....

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vote for Pedro.

I'm going this year to help make sure bell-ends don't end up running the asylum. Can you imagine Ghouse with authority? (shudder) I'd bet it would be FUN in a league chalk full of suitcases and fly by night players and managers making sure their players don't take part in a league showcase, a league that they're so adamant about posting their every waking thoughts on...

...when they can afford internet.

:knvb:

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I never said I was running for anything...
But I have heard you were mentioning you might be...Is this how you get your foot in the door ..by bashing me...cause thats not how you get votes..Smear campaigns are a thing of the past...Why not tell us what league showcase events you have planned where players asked to take part actually want to. Or how much money of ours you are willing to spend on an Administrator.....Or what you can do to make the league better or wait....MORE FUN.
Thats how you get votes.
And yes I spend way to much time on the FVSL...Something you will have to do if you run and get elected.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not trying to whore your vote, nor am I "bashing" you... most of your posts give out more than enough about you than I could articulate properly, but I'm more calling you out for your players now lack of participation in the All-Star program you're suddenly not part of anymore.

Not enough FUN for them?

Hey man, you run your stuff and I'll run mine, but don't shout from the top when you're pulling out the bottom peg

Attachments

• Jenga.jpg
    Jenga.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 55

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Your blameing me for the 2nd year in a row no ACBC player wants to be apart of the Allstar program ????
KNVP if you havent noticed its not an allstar program...

Infact if you really want to get into it on here than we can...

$7000 first year spent on the great Allstar program..where players and coaches quit after 8-0 zip loss to VMSL only saved by my ACBC 7 div 1 players being called in to help.

$5000 spent 2nd year I nor my team competed as we were committed to our PCSL games same weekend...I only won the Pak that year so I was not eligable to coach the allstar team anyways....wait how did you get to be the coach this year ???

$1500 this year spending on Allstar team....My guys are busy playing at a higher level than what you have to offer,, in the Knights soccer league that weekend...

Maybe its the company and politics that goes with the Allstar team that keeps the best players away from actually playing.

Never the less we will be putting the future of the Allstar Program to a vote...we shall really see how the members feel about money being spent on a team with only half the guys invited wanting to play. (if the players chosen dont want to play why even bother?)
With money needed for travel in the Pacific cup...I cant see any more money being spent on half an allstar team...
An Awards banquet, dinner ,trophies would be money much better spent.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Right, so a BCPL vs regular Island teams and FVSL teams is a good thing, but All stars from the same two aren't as good as a Thursday night game. (insert VMSL jokes here) Was it the lack of business plan that they didn't like?
Maybe its the company and politics that goes with the Allstar team that keeps the best players away from actually playing.
Yes, now the truth comes out from you. Finally. We could have saved 3945292 in bandwidth if you just admitted you feel jilted this year and think it's "someone else" fault you were suspended for going banana's for two weeks on the bounce.Right, if you were still part of it they surely would have chosen the Knight's league.

Why am I a coach? I dunno, maybe because we battered you in the two most important games of the year, maybe I thought enough to ask if the games may be on turf and not grass. It could be because I had Guinness on my team and we still won the Pak Cup... oh and maybe because I volunteered to help with-out asking for $42,000, ($24,000 is fine for me, I have a job) to do it.

You can take your time on figuring out which parts I'm being sarcastic on.

That should keep you busy.

BTW, do tell us how you know how much is being spent will you?

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, now the truth comes out from you. Finally. We could have saved 3945292 in bandwidth if you just admitted you feel jilted this year and think it's "someone else" fault you were suspended for going banana's for two weeks on the bounce.Right, if you were still part of it they surely would have chosen the Knight's league.

Why am I a coach? I dunno, maybe because we battered you in the two most important games of the year, maybe I thought enough to ask if the games may be on turf and not grass. It could be because I had Guinness on my team and we still won the Pak Cup... oh and maybe because I volunteered to help with-out asking for $42,000, ($24,000 is fine for me, I have a job) to do it.

You can take your time on figuring out which parts I'm being sarcastic on.

That should keep you busy.

:D:D:D:D

That was quality!

:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars