Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL Div 1] Results, Banter & Predictions November 07'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soccer Mom

Nov 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
its just so you can cool your head and calm down...i see the point of it all..although im sure DJGMC still struggled a bit in that league as well and thats why he quit..everyone else goes to that league and is like one of the better players so he thought he wanted to get in a spotlight.....never happend so he's out.....so am i ..out

I saw the point of it too, and I'll admit it worked to an extent. But in ended up hurting the game later I believe. Showing those two guys yellows initially should've calmed everyone down, let everyone know this ref isn't scared to pull out the cards. If this league wants to be taken seriously, it should abide by the proper professional laws. These rules have been in place for years and years because they work, 10 minute time outs do not and thus they are not officially in the law book.

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
ACBC did you play an exibition game against VMSL side? If so, who did you play and what was the final score?

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually its Dec 5 vs Cliff Ave and yes we beat the Romainians 4-1.
Next week is our Div 3 team vs the Mighty Nomads.
Both div 3 teams are undefeated.

Maximus

Nov 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
That church ball has some silly rules. I know they are trying to keep the league clean, but sitting off for 10 mins is like sitting in the corner in preschool. I have played in the leaue and choose to not play anymore due to this kind of childish officiating and rules.

Childish officiating and rules? I play in that league and the only other different rule I can think of is you're not supposed to swear. The refs never say anything though unless you're cursing near the top of your lungs.

The difference in the rules is so minor it's hardly noticeable. You must be pretty sensitive to stop playing because of that.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hardly noticeable is in the eye of the beholder.

A red card offense is a red card offense. Some are questionable, some not, but all can dramatically change the game. Sitting two guys out for a 10 minute misconduct does not- and that's the point. A red card is meant to punish both the player and team. It is meant to put one team at such a huge disadvantage that they think twice the next time about committing the same offense.

Soccer Mom

Nov 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Childish officiating and rules? I play in that league and the only other different rule I can think of is you're not supposed to swear. The refs never say anything though unless you're cursing near the top of your lungs.

The difference in the rules is so minor it's hardly noticeable. You must be pretty sensitive to stop playing because of that.

you're an idiot. foul language IS a sending off offense, therefore, your other league's rules are not different than the official ones.

canuck

Jan 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
PoMo:2 - Sporting:1
We came out and scored a beautiful free kick and went into the half up 1-0. The second half they came at us hard and pressed and scored a header off a free kick which I got a good piece but still beat me(should have stopped it) and the second goal came in the last couple minutes of the game where they cracked a shot which deflected the other way and in the back of the net.(nothing I could do) I felt bad for my defencmen who it deflected off as he is pretty down on himself but there was nothing he could have done and sometimes that crap happens. From a personal stand point it was probably my most disapointing loss of the year as I really thought we would be able to hold on for at least the tie. It was a hard pill to swallow. I will say that PoMo are a well coached fit team that is hungry for the ball. They are one of the classier teams we have met up with this year. Good luck the rest of the way.

Maximus

Nov 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
you're an idiot. foul language IS a sending off offense, therefore, your other league's rules are not different than the official ones.

Better to be an idiot than an a-hole like yourself. Sadly for you, I'm not wrong which means you're not just an ass, you're a dumb ass.

The fifa laws of the game do not explicitly forbid swearing; they forbid offensive, insulting or abusive language. It's open to interpretation. Most refs wouldn't consider saying "shite" to be very offensive. Or if you're talking with a buddy in the middle of the pitch and say "that was a fukcing cracker of a goal", there's no chance you'd get a card.

That is not the case in the BCCSL, swearing is forbidden no matter the context or harmlessness of it. Refs still let most stuff go, but it is held to a different standard. People who have played in the league know what I'm talking about.

Get your facts next time before embarrassing yourself. I don't want to have to bitchslap you again.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
A little bit agressive for a Christian fella don't you think Max. You're going to have to repunt, or repent or whatever it is that you do.

JTL

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
PoMo:2 - Sporting:1
We came out and scored a beautiful free kick and went into the half up 1-0. The second half they came at us hard and pressed and scored a header off a free kick which I got a good piece but still beat me(should have stopped it) and the second goal came in the last couple minutes of the game where they cracked a shot which deflected the other way and in the back of the net.(nothing I could do) I felt bad for my defencmen who it deflected off as he is pretty down on himself but there was nothing he could have done and sometimes that crap happens. From a personal stand point it was probably my most disapointing loss of the year as I really thought we would be able to hold on for at least the tie. It was a hard pill to swallow. I will say that PoMo are a well coached fit team that is hungry for the ball. They are one of the classier teams we have met up with this year. Good luck the rest of the way.

Canuck summed it up pretty well. I thought we ran with them for the first 20 to 25 minutes of each half, and then ran out of gas and relied on kick and run defending. This almost worked, too. We went up 1-0 about 20 minutes in off a clinical free kick from 20 yds, GK had no chance. Their finishing was terrible as they missed a breakaway and many open shots. We hung on for a 1-0 lead at the half. Second half saw us attack and press more, until we gave up an unnecessary free-kick in our 1/3. As the ball came in, I thought it was too high for their striker to head on goal, so I came off him a bit to read the flick. Then the sonuvabitch climbs the ladder and knocks home a world-class header. Thanks for making me look bad, a$$hole! Canuck made some unbelievable saves down the stretch to preserve the tie, and proved that he is definitely the best goalie in FVSL div 1. No disrespect to hodog, or hotdog, or whatever your name is, but you ain't even close buddy. They get the inevitable winner in the 89th minute off a bad delfection and it's game over.

PoMo is hands-down the best team we've played to date. They are young (so jealous), fit (jealous again) and go in hard to every tackle. You can tell their core has played together for many years.

Classy game which was ruined by a terrible referee. He missed a great game. His calls were equally confusing for both teams, but luckily he didn't influence the outcome of the match.

Best of luck the rest of the way.

Bollocks

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangers 2 - Warriors 0

The FVSL site posted the wrong score ... Seventh shutout this year for us. It was a good hard fought battle in the cold and an even better party afterwards. The old Rangers came out and shut it down @ 5am LOL. Good to see RF and the boys in action.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well our season so far was kind of summed up tonight in a way. I thought we outplayed Coquitlam Arsenal for about 70 minutes but despite our 25 shots, 15 of which were on the target, we failed to score AGAIN while Coq scored on two long range shots, 28 and 35 yards out while only having 5-6 shots all match.

We played a great game and I am proud of our guys for showing what they can do, moved the ball around well etc, but simply had no finish.

Credit to the CMF turned Keeper from Coq that stopped some pretty good shots, though we shot alot AT him for some reason.

Classy guys for sure, but we needed that win.

Bloody cooler was a little thin tonight, I was 12 short so we ended a bit early and to top it off one of our guys forgot condiments for the dogs...frikken dry bun syndrome, I think I will wake up with a yeast infection..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0