Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 FVSL Div. 2: Results and Banter Feb. '05

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
shaven whats the abby report?

Ah yes, the Abby game...well, as far as a match report goes, we played one of our best games of the season, but as in many we could not score. Abby got a quick jump on us as we started slowly, which is not out of character for us :( . They got their marker on a miscommunication between our keeper and left back, which was only 5 minutes into the match! From that point on, a very evenly played match, with Abby having a slight edge in posession, and us with more quality chances on goal from 20 yards in. As I stated above, we just cannot score consistently. Over all, a good effort that ultimately deserved at least a point, if not three, for us, but as they tallied and we did not, the better team won. Disappointing result for the shaven one.

As for Abby as a squad, bulljive, I'll tell you this...they push the ball out to the wings a good deal, and like the through balls down the sideline. They also, if that is not there, support the ball well through midfield and will push to the 18 from their. Their sweeper is solid, especially in the air, but their outside defenders are average at best and that's the weak point. They are an attacking team, and will throw men forward frequently, so they are suceptible to the counter through the middle of the park as they vacate it on the attack. You should be able to exploit them there, I believe. They are a fit squad, and will play a full 90 hard and fast.

Apologies for this taking all week, but I've been out of town for the week.

~Shaven

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
what a joke abby couldn't field a team and cancelled on us tonight. our whole team was at the field when we got the call. 3 times in 5 weeks teams have forfeited this league is a fukcin joke. I know the abby night life is pretty cool but give me a break that you can't get 11 guys out at 9pm. your team agreed to it and said it wasn't a problem. we had guys come from vancouver, abby, langley, not to mention numerous people taking off work. fukcin bush league abby bush league. I just want to play winning games and the league this way is ridiculous

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seems strange that Dewdney isn't coming on here and talking about the Wolves/Celtic match....I wonder why :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

One phrase somes it up...... Fisher=red card

So Sad So Sad :(

Fat Rabbit

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise said:
Seems strange that Dewdney isn't coming on here and talking about the Wolves/Celtic match....I wonder why :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

There is also a possibility that you beat us home and got a chance to get on here as soon as possible. Unfortunately I don't live closer than you so looks like you won this one. There is also the possibility it was a garbage game full of garbage goals (you should know all about that), any team that scores 4 goals should never tie.

Frodo

Oct 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise said:

Yes, way to take off right after the game so you could rush home to post on TTP, must have been the highlight of your day....I on the other hand stayed around for a beer and watched the Div 1 game that was right after ours. As far as Fischer having a red card....if he did, why did he play? Oh.....umm.....wait......I know this one......Because he didn't. :eek:

Also this game was pretty shitty....many garbage goals Franchise(like your first one that deflected off your face). And what was with your guys dragging our players down by their shirts in the box? Lots of class there, boys.

Well, whatever, 4-4 game, meant nothing anyway, that's all I'm gonna say about that.

Bluenose

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
ND Titans 0-2 GEU Titans

Despite having 9 guys showing up for this one and finishing with 8, 1 of which being injured, we still had enough chances to win. Both of their goals were mistakes made by us and not anything they created. We lost this game more than they won it. First goal was off a corner when a guy left his mark and the geu player side footed it, hit our goalie and went off the back of my leg and in. The second came on a mix-up on a header which left their guy 8 yards out with only the goalie to beat. Those were their only two chances of the game. Once again, it was a story of missed chances, I myself missed three, one of which should have been in. We were missing our starting forwards, 3/4 of our midfield, and 1/2 our defence. Congrats to NDFC on the league.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Frodo said:
Yes, way to take off right after the game so you could rush home to post on TTP, must have been the highlight of your day....I on the other hand stayed around for a beer and watched the Div 1 game that was right after ours. As far as Fischer having a red card....if he did, why did he play? Oh.....umm.....wait......I know this one......Because he didn't. :eek:

Also this game was pretty shitty....many garbage goals Franchise(like your first one that deflected off your face). And what was with your guys dragging our players down by their shirts in the box? Lots of class there, boys.

Well, whatever, 4-4 game, meant nothing anyway, that's all I'm gonna say about that.

Your a moron everyone knows he played....I know who he is. Frodo nice defence on me though burned you countless times and score a header and a rocket in the corner. As for class playing someone who is suspended is all about class hey :rolleyes: I hope for your sake that you guys have money in your bond so you can pay the fine thats coming.

Guru whats up with your son??? Maybe if you were there I could have had a hattrick :confused:

As for rushing home to post...look at the time I posted moron....I had to work at 3pm so I had to rush home I posted close to 9pm.....

My bad it was 9:50pm

Sheep

Nov 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We're back! Facing relegation the Tigers win a huge game 4 - 1 over the Coyotes. The twins accounted for 3 while the other one was put in on a well placed pk. We are still not out of the woods yet as we need to win next week to avoid relegation. Despite our dismal season we haven’t got on each others back to often and most will be back next year. We have 3 games left, so it would be nice to end the season on a 4 game winning streak. The only thing in our way are the Hurricanes and if we play like we did last night I can’t see them beating us.

Fat Rabbit

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise said:
Frodo nice defence on me though burned you countless times and score a header and a rocket in the corner. As for class playing someone who is suspended is all about class hey :rolleyes: I hope for your sake that you guys have money in your bond so you can pay the fine thats coming.
As for rushing home to post...look at the time I posted moron....I had to work at 3pm so I had to rush home I posted close to 9pm.....

My bad it was 9:50pm

1000 apologies next time i will look into full detail about your post. 9:50 eh isnt that a little late? Judging by your credentials for a "rocket" you must be U-12, our game had no rockets, Neil had the hardest shot and that was nowhere near a rocket, well placed tho i will give him that. As for class, how about #10 with his "let's break another jaw, that was fun" comment. Full of class, but what can you expect out of someone like that. However, it hurts so much to say this, one of the guys from GEU showed some class. After the game he came up to fischer to see how he was doing after the collision last game...may not be a huge deal but maybe some of you guys could learn something from people like that.

wolfman

Nov 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
i thought it wasnt too bad of a game really, both teams played agressive...

your team was lucky to receive the penalty shot at the end, from my view the ball would have been caught if one of your guys didnt pull the keepers arm down.. but then again, im sure ive done the same before.. your team was also lucky that our team hit the cross bar 4+ times...

pulling shirts?... kicking the ball at wolfman after the whistle? hum which team had more class... who the fck cares....it was a great day to play....

lonewolf, we missed ya in net buddy...

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Holy shite Franchise!!! What's with you... just settle down a few notches, why do feel it necessary to tell everyone how good you are, are you that insecure!! You have a classic case of "Shortman Syndrom". Man, it's time to get over yourself, you're no that good.

I had to miss the game due to my other son playing at the same time. By the sounds of it, I'm glad I did miss. This was a mean nothing game, like I said before. The anomosity built up throughout the year between these two teams on TTP is rediculous. There is piss taking, then there's downright hate. I'm not interested in playing a "GAME" where the main objective is to slag berate the other team. Win, tie or loss, there would be a bunch of rhetoric afterwards of how "unfair" shite was, or "we would have won if it wasn't for...". This game meant nothing at the time, and means nothing now. It should have been an enjoyable day for soccer, the weather good and feild was in great shape. LETS GET OVER IT! All this crap just makes playing unenjoyable.

As for Fischer, there will be no fine.... Frodo already explained this above, but you misread his post (if indeed you read it at all) Fischer sat his 2 games for his red. It wasn't posted on the FVSL web site in time, but was confirmed by Dennis Mortenson and Neil Fuge on Friday, so everything is fine.

By what I'd heard of the game, there were missed calls, (IE; Shifty_Dwarf getting pulled off his feet by the shirt in the box) and lucky goals both directions. shite happens. One thing I will say.. I agree with Fat Rabbit, any team who scores 4, should win the game. That was the first time we've had 4 against us this year... and the Guru missed his first game in 3 years .... coincedence? I think not!! :rolleyes:

Whoever it was that cracked Fischer in our first meet, you showed class in coming over after the match to see how he was doing. I know you did that at the half in the game the incedent happened, but Fischer was in no mood at that time.... that's what the term 'class' is all about. That's what the game should be like, play hard, play to win, but leave all the negative crap out of it.

Sheep

Nov 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just because you win your side in div2 doesnt mean you all are going to div1. The 3 div2 champs and 8th place div1 team play off against each other. 3 make it and one doesnt. Port Moody is the 8th place div 1 team and they should retain their div1 stay, that means one of the div2 champs will probably be staying in div 2. Those are the rules according to the FVSL site.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sheep said:
Just because you win your side in div2 doesnt mean you all are going to div1.
Who is this directed to....??

My prediction is:
Port Moody will stay up.
The 'Canes will take over 1st in 2B and move up,
and NDFC will go up from 2A.
It will be close between PM Lions and ER Hades as to who takes 1st in 2C, but they will most likely be the odd team out anyway. JMO.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
guru said:
Who is this directed to....??

My prediction is:
Port Moody will stay up.
The 'Canes will take over 1st in 2B and move up,
and NDFC will go up from 2A.
It will be close between PM Lions and ER Hades as to who takes 1st in 2C, but they will most likely be the odd team out anyway. JMO.

Thats pretty much the way I see it too. although all 4 teams will be good and anybody could be the unfortunate team including the div 1 team. i was also wondering who sheep was trying to inform being that this has been a non stop topic of conversation for the last 4 months.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
guru said:
Holy shite Franchise!!! What's with you... just settle down a few notches, why do feel it necessary to tell everyone how good you are, are you that insecure!! You have a classic case of "Shortman Syndrom". Man, it's time to get over yourself, you're no that good.

I had to miss the game due to my other son playing at the same time. By the sounds of it, I'm glad I did miss. This was a mean nothing game, like I said before. The anomosity built up throughout the year between these two teams on TTP is rediculous. There is piss taking, then there's downright hate. I'm not interested in playing a "GAME" where the main objective is to slag berate the other team. Win, tie or loss, there would be a bunch of rhetoric afterwards of how "unfair" shite was, or "we would have won if it wasn't for...". This game meant nothing at the time, and means nothing now. It should have been an enjoyable day for soccer, the weather good and feild was in great shape. LETS GET OVER IT! All this crap just makes playing unenjoyable.

As for Fischer, there will be no fine.... Frodo already explained this above, but you misread his post (if indeed you read it at all) Fischer sat his 2 games for his red. It wasn't posted on the FVSL web site in time, but was confirmed by Dennis Mortenson and Neil Fuge on Friday, so everything is fine.

By what I'd heard of the game, there were missed calls, (IE; Shifty_Dwarf getting pulled off his feet by the shirt in the box) and lucky goals both directions. shite happens. One thing I will say.. I agree with Fat Rabbit, any team who scores 4, should win the game. That was the first time we've had 4 against us this year... and the Guru missed his first game in 3 years .... coincedence? I think not!! :rolleyes:

Whoever it was that cracked Fischer in our first meet, you showed class in coming over after the match to see how he was doing. I know you did that at the half in the game the incedent happened, but Fischer was in no mood at that time.... that's what the term 'class' is all about. That's what the game should be like, play hard, play to win, but leave all the negative crap out of it.

Truthfully I really don't care if Fisher was suspened or not....Me, Wolfman and our sqaud were asked at the beginning of the game if we knew who he was by Todd and I said that i knew who he was and that he was playing. I figure it shouldn't matter if he played or not we should be able to beat them with there best.....and honestly (he is your best). Both defences were very shakey in the games and both forward line exposed those weakness. Maybe it our forwards fault for not coming back far enough or maybe our mids were out of postion hard to tell while your playing the game...(Rex) would probabley have a better perception of that.

As far as saying I'm good....didn't really mean for it to come off that way I was simply proving to Frodo that I can score and did dominate him all game....this was only said because of the abuse I got for playing a shitty first meeting with you guys.

As for the What's with your son comment......It was actually a comment to Frodo....he is a classy guy dosen't spew out shite and really enjoys the game of soccer, he quiets he teams down but twice he was concentrating on that instaed of watching the game and it cost him two goals against. The sweeper bitched at him all game when really in all honestly he himself wasn't playing his poisition and frequently got beat because he likes to carry the ball to much. This being said I think Frodo got his manners and good nature from his mother because god knows Pa's not like that on the field ;)

It was probabley and entertaining game to watch though...lots of scoring...open field play..lots of crossbars and posts.

Sure wish the season could have started 7 games ago...everything seems to be going in now :D

LoneWolf sure did miss you on the weekend :)

Cheers

(Sorry I couldn't hang around after the game for a beer but I had to work.)

Sheep

Nov 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Its directed at all those who think they are headed to div 1 next year just because they finished first.

As for the Canes finishing first, If they lose to us this weekend and Poco wins that will pretty much end their chances of moving up. We are on a one game winning streak and plan on continuing that this weekend. GEU Tigers 2 Canes 1. Canes crying all the way home.

whack

Feb 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
sheep, you dont say a word for 2 months as your team is in last place, and then you beat the second to last place team and all of a sudden you guys are the team to beat. We did beat you with 10 players last time, and i do not see the result being any different this time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0