Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FVSL New Divisional Alignment

The Phantom

Oct 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes Sneeky from the same guy I might add..your Prez on both accounts.
And I am glad I am not apart of the VMSL. So poorly run with a Prez who doesnt tell anyone from his league or the other leagues whats going on...
No way would I be apart of that.

I actually figured that would be the kind of response I would get from you. Anyways good luck in the Provincials and to all FV teams that think they may be able to compete in it.

bluebird

Mar 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
this whole bcpl colapse sounds like the tail wagging the dog type of thing

im sure the bc soccer guys could make it work if they wanted to because even the vmsl have to play under bc soccer regulations .... pitch allocation ... ref's .... insurance .... provincial spots....... etc it gets real ugly if you try to play outside of the regulating bodys regulations

and i dont buy the whole div 2 voted it out bu11shit this is a NEW league that was being formed supported by and organised by the heads of 3 leagues

im sure if the bcpl was given a whole bunch of prov spots taken mainly from the vmsl allocation who have gone back on their word, some people may want to change their mind a little. And if one guy wants to run his league into the ground then bc soccer can surley help him in a big way
this way fvsl and visl can continie with their plans as set out at the start of the season
does any one really think that bc soccer has the balls to take charge of what they are paid to be in charge of

unlucky4u

Jan 20, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
The FVSL has tried different things over the years.Oldtimers like myself remember no U-21(came in at 17),have seen, I think 5 divisions in the early 2000's and then came A-B-C alignment.The Masters looks like it's going to 2 divisions to seperate the really good ex-premier teams from the over 35's who can't keep up to a 23 year but still play damn good soccer.Remember when teams like the Nomads and ACBC were running over everyone in div.3?New teams coming in should be capable of picking a fair spot to be in.Would really like to see something done to even the playing field so everyone can enjoy playing soccer without the massive blowouts or the threat of a broken leg.Good players would leave a team if promotion took 6 or 7 years.Maybe the people at the top could get together and really think of a good stategy and stick with it.Lot's of good suggestions here.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
div 1 with 20 teams next year or 21.... from the fvsl promotion religation page:
Division 1 - 1st Place team wins Division Trophy -
• 1 Team Promoted to Premier
•Bottom 3 teams Relegated to Div 2
Division 2 - 1st Place teams in 2A - Port Moody Gunners, 2B - Athletic Club BC and 2C - Fraser Valley Red Devils Win Division Trophy
•Divisional Winners of 2A, 2B & 2C are Promoted to Division 1
•2nd Place of 2A, 2B & 2C are Promoted to Div 1 -
last place premier team moves to div 1

21 teams in div 1 doesn't seem to make sense, or have they accounted for the sfc rangers moving to masters? anyone else notice this?

number10hamburgler

Mar 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think it's definitely a bit of a difficult situation for the league cause the BCPL didn't happen. But I think if they split Div.1 into 2 divisions as they have done in Div.2 and Div.3, i.e. Div.1a or Div.1b, or Div.1north and Div.1south, so on, than it's way easier to manage. Can also be split into geographic areas. Maybe even consider to increase amount of Premier teams in the Premier league.

Also make Div.1 interesting for teams playing in it, maybe make the Pakenheim Cup just for them, and have playoffs for promotions and playoffs for relegations and so on. Cause right now if you are a mid pack Div.1 team, you are in the middle of nowhere, can't compete for a Div.1 title, can't be relegated and also can't compete for the Pakenheim Cup cause usually a Premier team wins that.

It works best when every team in every division have things to play for and it makes things more interesting. Otherwise Div.1 essentially becomes Div.1 CAT for the Premier teams a la VMSL and for those teams in Div.1, it's like what the fcuk are we doing here, getting munted by the Whitecaps Reserve Team.

I think the more the league opens up the BCSPL Cup idea or Champions League idea, there will be more routes for the Premier teams to go, and that opens things up for every other division, including Div.1.

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think it's definitely a bit of a difficult situation for the league cause the BCPL didn't happen. But I think if they split Div.1 into 2 divisions as they have done in Div.2 and Div.3, i.e. Div.1a or Div.1b, or Div.1north and Div.1south, so on, than it's way easier to manage. Can also be split into geographic areas. Maybe even consider to increase amount of Premier teams in the Premier league.

Also make Div.1 interesting for teams playing in it, maybe make the Pakenheim Cup just for them, and have playoffs for promotions and playoffs for relegations and so on. Cause right now if you are a mid pack Div.1 team, you are in the middle of nowhere, can't compete for a Div.1 title, can't be relegated and also can't compete for the Pakenheim Cup cause usually a Premier team wins that.

It works best when every team in every division have things to play for and it makes things more interesting. Otherwise Div.1 essentially becomes Div.1 CAT for the Premier teams a la VMSL and for those teams in Div.1, it's like what the fcuk are we doing here, getting munted by the Whitecaps Reserve Team.

I think the more the league opens up the BCSPL Cup idea or Champions League idea, there will be more routes for the Premier teams to go, and that opens things up for every other division, including Div.1.

Thats sports. Not every team will be competing for something at the end of the year. If your a mid pack div 1 team with little to play for, then you have to pick up some players or do some things to make yourself more competitive for the next season.

I dont think more Premier teams is a good idea. The league is already spread out enough, and I just dont see enough quality to make the league bigger.

Maybe if the D1 teams dont like being in the PAK they should have a choice to play in the presidents league cup??

cleatsupp

Sep 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thats sports. Not every team will be competing for something at the end of the year. If your a mid pack div 1 team with little to play for, then you have to pick up some players or do some things to make yourself more competitive for the next season.

I dont think more Premier teams is a good idea. The league is already spread out enough, and I just dont see enough quality to make the league bigger.

Maybe if the D1 teams dont like being in the PAK they should have a choice to play in the presidents league cup??

Me and our Coach were bullshitting the other night about new talent / wasted talent. How we gets these kids show up every so often that blow us away and are never to be seen again.

It's stupid how after U21 how many young players don't have anywhere to go. Other than start @ Div 3. But that's the only way to go really.

They feel that maybe they are too good for Div 1. Yet with only 10 premier teams spots let alone field time are both far and few between. Where playing U21 or whatever they did whatever they wanted and earned their sports from U whatever...

Unless those players are being seriously recruited by Universities, provincial teams, nationals, or good premier clubs they simply fall off the map, or play some beer league here and there some indoor, shite kick everyone for a few years start partying and forget all about soccer

Agreed that there isn't a need for quantity. We should be focused on quality. But in the long run if we could find ways for these players to develop we could afford more teams in premier more groups in lower divisions and then all these great ideas put forward by guys on this thread could be viable.

Someone should seriously save some of these posts and ideas and have our own managers meeting before the AGN. Put some serious thought and time into it and figure this out. Clearly the managers or players that have posted here have taken some time and know where the leagues downfalls are. But piss taking here won't do nething to help.

Food for thought.

number10hamburgler

Mar 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money

I agree, in that if you are looking to climb the ladder at any level and reach the next than you have to be always recruiting at each level so you can compete and win trophies and promotions at each level. That's how it works.

But keep in mind a lot of Div.1 teams are used as feeder clubs for Premier teams and if that happens it really doesn't matter how many players a Div.1 recruits, that Div.1 team could still finish mid table again and nothing to play for. If you just give Div.1 teams the PAK, players can only play in one cup competition anyway, so that gives them something to play for.

It's also unrealistic to just keep divisions as is. Premier, Div.1 and so on. Soccer is just too popular in BC and Fraser Valley and is getting more and more popular. More and more teams will be applying to the league for admission, and the league has to be thinking expansion and how to manage that growth and how to keep teams interested in each division.

It's also not about really seeing the lack of quality that's in the league now, but it's about recruiting and finding new quality players to make teams better and make the league better and bigger moving forward. And it's not that hard to find quality players here in BC to occupy Premier and Div.1 teams. There are a lot of players with Premier/Div.1 potential all around, in indoor, in ethnic leagues and so on. It's just really all about looking, signing, and getting the practice in.

I wouldn't advocate Div.1 teams going into the Presidents Cup cause then they would be overwhelming favourites, and Div.3 teams would have close to zero chance to win the competition. Maybe Div.1 teams who get eliminated early from the PAK Cup and are low in the standings could enter the Presidents Cup later on like the UEFA Cup, but i would still avoid that altogether.

Presidents Cup should be for Div.2 and Div.3 teams. And as things grow and Div.1 becomes bigger, the Pakenheim should just be for Div.1 teams. The Premier teams should compete in a BCPSL style cup with other Premier teams across BC. That just makes sense. Otherwise, the league is not growing.

Besides right now Premier teams also have the SX Cup they compete in. So Premier teams essentially have two cup competitions they just play amongst themselves right now. I only say amongst themselves cause realistically a Premier team will win the Pakenheim as well not a Div.1 team. Throw in a BCSPL style cup into the mix later on that's three cup competitions plus league games. It's simply unpractical if the league is thinking about expanding.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
FVSL Divisional Alignment for 2010 - 2011 Mar 4/10

Premier 10
1 Down 10th Place

Div 1 A 10 Div 1B 10 1 Up Div 1A and 1B Winners will playoff in a HOME/AWAY 2 game series
6 Down Bottom 3 in 1A and 1B relegated
Div 2A 10 Div 2B 10 Div 2C 10 6 Up Top 2 in 2A, 2B and 2C Promoted
6 Down Bottom 2 in 2A, 2B and 2C relegated
Div 3A 10 Div 3B 10 Div 3C 10 6 Up Top 2 in 3A, 3B and 3C Promoted

Masters Premier 10
1 Down 10th Place
Masters Div 1 10 1 Up 1st Place

U21 10

This alignment for season 2010/2011 was approved by the FVSL Executive Committee March 3rd, 2010

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well this new system looks at first to be the same as before except Div 1 with 2 divisions.
Hhmmm. What I see here is ...It will be easy to go from div 3 to div 1....And then I see a logjam to get into Premier...Good? Bad?
The team Moveing to Premier will be the best team for the job thats for sure.
I would have liked to see 2 teams being promoted and religated to and from Premier.
1 team religation means you can suck ..as long as you dont suck the most.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's good and bad for div 1 winners to go up u have to be the best, but one div 1 winner ends up staying back? The way I think would have made more sense would be to keep the playoff between the top two div 1 teams resulting in the winner of the div 1 playoff goes up last place premier comes down. Loser of the playoff plays with 9th place premier to see who gets a second spot in premier. It would be nice to see more then 1 up n 1 down from premier to div 1 .

My two cents.....

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone know how they will split the div 1 groups? will be geographically or by past results or just a comletely random draw ?

predator

Jan 15, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone know how they will split the div 1 groups? will be geographically or by past results or just a comletely random draw ?
ohh i found it

The 1A and 1B will be selected based on their positions in this season and adding the Premier team relegated and the 5 from Div 2. They will ALL be seeded and seperated accordingly

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
All is good, except I think the loser of the Div1A v Div1B game should play the 9th place premier team in a promotion relegation match.

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Also, does anyone know if the Whitecaps Prospects are planning to stay in the league and move up to premier??

number10hamburgler

Mar 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's good and bad for div 1 winners to go up u have to be the best, but one div 1 winner ends up staying back?

The way I think would have made more sense would be to keep the playoff between the top two div 1 teams resulting in the winner of the div 1 playoff goes up last place premier comes down. Loser of the playoff plays with 9th place premier to see who gets a second spot in premier. It would be nice to see more then 1 up n 1 down from premier to div 1 .

My two cents.....

That's not a bad idea, i would even say that the Winner of the Div.1 playoff play the last place team in Premier in a home and away just for good measure. Cause what's the point in promoting two Div.1 teams that can still get beat by the 2 bottom placed Premier teams. This way the promoted teams will really be deservant of it.

But next year with the Whitecaps Prospects team entering Premier next year, it will be even harder getting into Premier in future seasons. There should be something extra Div.1 teams play for, cause for many teams that will be the last stop for them unless they can recruit or improve their play. Premier will be just be too competitive. Maybe each division can have their own Cup. Div.1 Cup, Div.2 Cup, Div.3 Cup and so on. Or something along those lines.

On the note of the Whitecaps, don't know what everyone thinks about them in the league. I think them being in the league is a positive cause it raises the level of all the teams they compete against and visa versa. But i think there should be a cap or limit on where they can go and what they can do. Think them being affilated with the Whitecaps gives them a bit of competitive advantage, definitely in recruitment.

I think they should only be able to sign a certain amount of players at the start of the season and that's it, no transfers in. Also not be allowed to play in Provincials or Nationals, and have each player affilated with a FVSL team, so when Provincials and Nationals come around they have to go their FVSL team. Or something along those lines.

I mean if they Whitecaps want to watch their prospects play, I'm sure they can set up a set of friendlies or create a side league, which also includes VMSL, VISL and FVSL teams. They have the money to do it. Anyways...

New league alignment looks good for next season.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's not a bad idea, i would even say that the Winner of the Div.1 playoff play the last place team in Premier in a home and away just for good measure. Cause what's the point in promoting two Div.1 teams that can still get beat by the 2 bottom placed Premier teams. This way the promoted teams will really be deservant of it....

that i don't agree with that, if the div 1 winner can finish tops in their division that already proves their consistency with play and results. but if we have two div 1 winners I THINK the fair thing to do is play the playoff having the winner automatically go up and the loser play second last place of premier to see who gets a premier spot....i would be pretty upset if i worked hard all year and finished first in div 1 only to be told sorry you gotta stay another year in div 1. say we play in the home n away series with the other div 1 winner and maybe after a long season some guys with injuries, tired from cup play or whatever and you lose in the 2 game series it would still be nice to have a shot at premier and against the second last place team seems fair as they SHOULD be harder competition so if you can't beat them then forget about premier totally.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0