Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Open Canada Cup Western Qualifier

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unlucky but congrats on a great run! Now gear up for the real championship in October!

Zenga, are you still hurt or had work committments?

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
That would be the real Amature championships in October.
The Open Canada Cup is the Real Open or Pro Championships..
Ya I know not all pro teams are in the competition yet,,but they will be soon enough.
A job well done Clan,,You earned the respect we out west wanted vs the east.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Monday, September 3

There was one game in the CSL Monday:

OPEN CANADA CUP FINAL

Trois-Rivieres Attak 3, Columbus Clan FC (Vancouver) 0

Played at London, Ontario

LONDON – Monday, September 3 - Three second half goals by the CSL’s Trois-Rivieres Attak gave a Quebec team its first Open Canada Cup with an emphatic 3-0 defeat of Columbus Clan FC of the Vancouver Metro Soccer League’s Premier Division, the final played at Cove Road, London on Labour Day Monday.

The Attak, in its first year in the Canadian Soccer League and making a strong bid for the National Division title, had a slight edge during a scoreless first half but looked decidedly the stronger team after the interval.

Former Montreal Impact forward Nicolas Lesage opened the scoring at 53 minutes when he headed a cross from Alpha Bah on to the post, then collected his own rebound to put the ball into the net

Trois-Rivieres midfielder Danny Anderson returned from an injury to score at 74 and 81 minutes for the 3-0 score that put the game out of reach.

Except for a good effort from 25 years by the Clan’s Tiarnan King, a drive that just went wide, Trois-Rivieres looked the stronger side with more opportunities as the second half progressed.

Attak were reduced to 10 men at 83 minutes when referee Joe Fletcher showed goalkeeper Jon Paul Piques the red card for abusive language at a game official.

“This win is very special for us,” said an elated Marc Dos Santos, Trois-Rivieres head coach after the game. “We are the first Quebec team to win this trophy and that makes it very special, thanks to my players who deserved the win and they now put us in a position of winning two championships this year,” he said, referring to the team’s strong bid for the CSL Championship now taking place in regular league competition.

Trois-Rivieres defeated Jean Talon 2007, London City and Italia Shooters in earlier games to reach the final, while Columbus Clan FC defeated Athletic Club of BC 1-0 in the BC Challenge Cup final on August 12, a competition involving 24 British Columbia teams bidding to qualify for the Open Canada Cup. They then defeated the CSL’s Windsor Border Stars in the semifinal on Saturday.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That would be the real Amature championships in October.
The Open Canada Cup is the Real Open or Pro Championships..
Ya I know not all pro teams are in the competition yet,,but they will be soon enough.
A job well done Clan,,You earned the respect we out west wanted vs the east.

You have to be taking the piss.:rolleyes:

I've sat back and watched this unfold w/ some intrigue, but let's be honest...I don't think Zenga will be missing the Nationals for anything in October (correct me if I'm wrong, Zenga). If anything, this was perhaps a good pre-season camp for Columbus.

Ankle Breaker

Sep 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
GHouse

"The Open Canada Cup is the Real Open or Pro Championships"

I guess fixing the draw is ok given it is the pro championship. I think you and the NBA ref went to the same school back in the day :)

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
GHouse

"The Open Canada Cup is the Real Open or Pro Championships"

I guess fixing the draw is ok given it is the pro championship. I think you and the NBA ref went to the same school back in the day :)

Funny stuff...:D:knvb:
I was thinking the same when reading the write-up.

reportz

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
GHOUSE, your latest comments really show how much you know about this game.... I know your intentions are good, but you need a reality check my friend....

Every team would rather win the Provincial cup and head on the the Nationals. Maybe guys from Clan will answer the question about what trophy meant more to them.

oranje

Nov 12, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
GHOUSE, your latest comments really show how much you know about this game.... I know your intentions are good, but you need a reality check my friend....

Every team would rather win the Provincial cup and head on the the Nationals. Maybe guys from Clan will answer the question about what trophy meant more to them.

They are not allowed to post on TTP. Do you ever see anyone but Zenga?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My ASS used to post, but not sure if he is re-signed w/ Columbus this year, since my ASS went and did himself in late last season. Mt ASS has a bad Achilles tendon. Must be from having a foot so far up there.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mt Ass...yes, a slip. Not a Freudian slip, just a slip.

That said, some would accuse Notty- erm, my ASS- of being as big as a mountain, and even being mounted- like when he dresses all Brokeback (denim shite, denim jeans…bad combo).

I don't think my ASS was hurt mounting...pretty sure it was footy related.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
You are correct when you say everyone would rather play at the Nationals for sure, For now,,but when the COCACAF allows the winner of the OCC to enter the CONCACAF Champions League you will see that teams would rather win that than go to the Amature Nationals.
National Amature Campionships ,,Only in Canada eh,,Pitty
or Rrroll up the rim to win,,,,You guys dont see the big picture here..
Win the Amature Nationals and hey well done ,,why not go for more,,
You will see that in the very near future the Canadian Amature National Championships wont mean diddley squat,,,,All the teams will be playing for the right to go to CONCACAF Champions Cup,,,
On to the world stage with every other country,,,Canada is the only Country not in this event,,,Open your minds,,take the blue pill...Comments like yours makes me think your running the CSA

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You are correct when you say everyone would rather play at the Nationals for sure, For now,,but when the COCACAF allows the winner of the OCC to enter the CONCACAF Champions League you will see that teams would rather win that than go to the Amature Nationals.
National Amature Campionships ,,Only in Canada eh,,Pitty
or Rrroll up the rim to win,,,,You guys dont see the big picture here..
Win the Amature Nationals and hey well done ,,why not go for more,,
You will see that in the very near future the Canadian Amature National Championships wont mean diddley squat,,,,All the teams will be playing for the right to go to CONCACAF Champions Cup,,,
On to the world stage with every other country,,,Canada is the only Country not in this event,,,Open your minds,,take the blue pill...Comments like yours makes me think your running the CSA

Is that why you pay many of your players, ghouse? :confused: Do you want to run a 'professional' team?

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ghouse,

On behalf of Columbus Clan FC, I would like to thank you for all your efforts in sending us to London for the Open Canada Cup.

I wasn't there but from all accounts everything was first class.

The organizers back east were very happy to have a BC team in this tournament.

Once again thanks for everything and see you next year.

Columbus Clan FC

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would love a pro team but its not in the cards as of now,,but mabee one day,,as for paying my players,,,thats a stupid thing to say as that is not allowed,,I do what many teams do and thats pay for everything I am allowed to pay for,,travel,kits,hotels,food perdium,equipment,field times,registration fees,,,,,hookers,beer,,,,come on dont post anything unless you can back it up...take a piss,,, dont slander bullcrap.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would love a pro team but its not in the cards as of now,,but mabee one day,,as for paying my players,,,thats a stupid thing to say as that is not allowed,,I do what many teams do and thats pay for everything I am allowed to pay for,,travel,kits,hotels,food perdium,equipment,field times,registration fees,,,,,hookers,beer,,,,come on dont post anything unless you can back it up...take a piss,,, dont slander bullcrap.

u forgot the BLOW;)

beckhamandposh

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

whitecaps should hire you as their new coach and we'll probably have a better team as a result.

hotels and food per diem for a FVSL div 1 team. that's awesome.

tsunai

Jan 10, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh have to add this,,
Wayne have you met my girlfriends,,ya I have more than 1,,,ask around buddy ask anyone who I date,,Playmates the both of them,,,and yes they know each other,,just ask
Playmates means they were both in Playboy,,not just a saying but for real..
They will be working the beer garden so come out and ask...
Remember I dont lie,,come and see my private Turkish Prision...

Ghouse are you for real? What are you talking about Playmates and in Playboy? what issues? Is that what they told you? Or are you just to ashamed to admit that Playmates are actually just local Hookers? You did know that didn't you? That short persian chick you were seeing is a hooker. You know the one who gave you the Gucci dogtags Lol but hey if You think they were in Playboy all the power to you, but then again you have to wonder about the brains of your so called Playmates who can be fooled into being with you for a cell phone. Your Salon Everybody knows that you stole the Idea from Stacie, Your Summer Love I know of a DJ that you still owe 5 or 6 digits do and just because she is a chick you dont think you have to buck up? Dude stop talking shite out of your ass and acting like your a superstar alright? You mention your name to any half respecting Chick in this City and they will laugh, followed by a puking sound and a few words as well, Any Guy thinks your a clown, What you think your something because you had a couple Mansion Parties back in the day? Your funny but keep living the dream hahaha Any self respecting chick would not be caught dead with you. Your not laughing with you there laughin at you. hahaha peace Im out of here I just thought I would throw my 2 cents in about how Ghouse doesn't lie. Just like he doesn't fluff Clint in the back at Gucci

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0