Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Open Canada Cup Western Qualifier

SoccerPaper

Jul 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's too bad to, because that would have been a good game to watch, and I showed up early to see that game prior to my own, and I was the only person at the field.

No you weren't... we were at the field to cover the game for the upcoming newspaper and no one was there save for a couple of girl's teams practicing... this is why an up-to-the-minute tournament website (see the PCSLs!) is a really considerate thing to do for the fans following the tournament

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
between coaching two teams, managing the birds in the beer garden, settling wildcard spots, and confiscating illegal beer coolers in the garden Rich could have easily updated the website via his satellite uplink...

considerate?!...

Considerate would be not taking your ball and going home like a pack of whining babies (read Fiji and Kosova)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I find it kinda ironic that a newspaper is giving the gears to someone else for not being up-to-the-minute... by pure definition, you are yesterday's news :D

SoccerPaper

Jul 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wasn't trying to whine about Rich's work ethic. Sheesh. Rich and I were talking the whole tournament long... I know the guy was working hard.

I was actually trying to give props to the PCSL and other soccer clubs that have really nice websites more than I was trying to detract from what Rich was doing... not everyone has the time to update websites from satellite feeds. Just suggesting places where the tournament can improve in the future and mentioning a model they could use.

As for a newspaper being yesterday's news, Regs... the purpose of a newspaper in the modern world, I think, is to cover the issues more in-depth rather than be the most up-to-the-minute source out there. You want up to the minute... visit bcsoccerweb. Now that guy has things figured out, website-wise.

Now I gotta get back to making phone calls for our newest issue... some of the stuff in this forum is going to get hashed out in an article. Cheers, Regs.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I said I found it ironic and I stand by it.

I'll reserve comments about the bcsoccerweb for another day but will say that as much as the owner railed on me about my website name, he should seriously look at changing his because the links to articles he posts are about 10% BC-related.

But I digress, competition is coming...

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh and BTW, your first post in this thread didn't say anything positive about Rich's tournament, it was only negative, at least that is the way it came across and that is why people here took issue.

odog604

Feb 2, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
No you weren't... we were at the field to cover the game for the upcoming newspaper and no one was there save for a couple of girl's teams practicing... this is why an up-to-the-minute tournament website (see the PCSLs!) is a really considerate thing to do for the fans following the tournament

LOL, You definitely need to relax. I was simply referring to the fact that the game was cancelled, and I wasn't meaning entirely that I was the only person on the field. You also forgot to mention the Burnaby Parks and Rec people that were there as well, my bad!

Definitely calm down!

PS: Damn good game I like to point out again. ****ing Dewdney cancelling!

SoccerPaper

Jul 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Um... I wasn't upset! :) I was saying that I was at the field with you dude... looking around and saying, "Uh, what's happening?"

Also, there were some birds. On the field.

And a few girls kicking the ball around.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
HA that's funny! Obviously the research department for the article came across the Excellent site and the premier standings for last year :D

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just got off the phone with the boys in London.

We beat Windsor 4-3 to advance to the Final on Monday.

John Poli scored the winner with seconds remaining.

zenga wishes he was there!

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The second semi is being played now. Trois-Rivieres Attak vs Italia Shooters.

Italia Shooters won the wild card game last night, Eggy told me that Rick Titus plays for them.

Gutted I couldnt be there!

Forza Columbus!

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Saturday, September 1

The first of two semifinal games in the Open Canada Cup has been played:

OPEN CANADA CUP

Semifinal

Columbus Clan 4, Windsor Border Stars 3

Played at Cove Road, London, Ontario

Game report and remaining weekend schedule:

LONDON, Ontario – Saturday, September 1 - A last minute strike by Columbus Clan midfielder Jonathan Poli gave his team a 4-3 victory over Windsor Border Stars and a place in the Open Canada Cup Final to be played here Monday.

The Clan, of the Vancouver Metro Soccer League and the current British Columbia senior champions, were full marks for the win after dominating the opening 10 minutes but missing three clear chances before Poli opened the scoring at the 11th minute mark.

Windsor, a team in the professional Canadian Soccer League, tied the game 1-1 at 12 minutes on a goal by forward Woreth Sampson and the Ontario team took a 2-1 lead when midfielder Radek Papiez found the net three minutes later.

Columbus tied the score 2-2 at the 20th minute when Tiarnan King scored from the penalty spot awarded by referee Steve De Piero.

Following a 2-2 tie at the interval, Radek Papiez scored his second for Windsor at 56 minutes for a 3-2 lead, but Columbus Clan again tied the game, a 3-3 score when forward Steve De Blasio put the ball past Border Stars’ goalkeeper Anthony Santilli at 75 minutes.

With the score at 3-3 and the game heading into overtime, Poli came up with the winner at the 93rd minute for a 4-3 result to put the British Columbia side into the final.

The second game semifinal game will follow the Columbus Clan win on Saturday, an 8.38 p.m. kickoff at London when Italia Shooters of Ontario meet Trois-Rivieres Attak from Quebec and the final on Labour Day Monday at the same Cove Road ground will bring the winner of this game against Columbia Clan, a 4 p.m.start.

Semifinals:
Saturday, September 1 ColumbusClan FC (Vancouver) 4, Windsor Border Stars 3

Saturday, September 1 at 8.38 p.m. Italia Shooters (York Region) vs. Trois Rivieres Attak (Quebec)

Open Canada Cup Final:
Monday, September 3 at 4 p.m.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chris Turner put Italia Shooters in the lead from a penalty kick at 16 minutes of the second semifinal, after referee Justin Tasev pointed to the spot on a Trois-Rivieres foul just inside the box.

The Attak tied the score 1-1 when Mohammed Nafe struck at the 42nd. minute mark and the Quebec-based team went ahead 2-1 at 45 minutes on a well-taken goal by midfielder Boubacar Coulibaly.

The second half was quick and physical and at the 73rd minute Italia’s Andre Stewart was shown the red card for violent conduct.

Italia pressed for an equalizer, but Trois-Rivieres held on for the 2-1 win.

Italia’s Jason De Thomasis was shown the red card following the final whistle.

Columbus Clan and Trois-Rivieres Attak will kickoff at Cove Road at 4 p.m.on Labour Day Monday.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0