Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Open Canada Cup Western Qualifier

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
New definition of Coq Fight has a picture of Ghouse and WW in the dictionary, squaring off with handbags at 10 paces.

Granted, they both look immaculate, fresh off manicures from their families competing salons. Pride parade is this weekend, "lads".

Ghouse: stop blowing your own horn and thank the organizers of the Burnaby Labor Day tourney for pulling the chute. This is the one and only reason you are getting their entries. In other words, you're just another pin cushion.

wayne's world

Jun 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
New definition of Coq Fight has a picture of Ghouse and WW in the dictionary, squaring off with handbags at 10 paces.

Granted, they both look immaculate, fresh off manicures from their families competing salons. Pride parade is this weekend, "lads".

Ghouse: stop blowing your own horn and thank the organizers of the Burnaby Labor Day tourney for pulling the chute. This is the one and only reason you are getting their entries. In other words, you're just another pin cushion.

if my coq accidently touched another in a deepee sesssion, it sure wouln't be with ghouse. Have you seen the guy. Rich isn't the greatest looking guy and couldn't get laid in a turkish freighter.

do whatever you want ghouse. We just don't want to hear how good of a person you are from yourself and how your helping soccer in this country. Help comes at the grassroot level and not fielding a div 2 FVSL team that wishes and thinks it's premier. The better teams only enter for the money, simple as that.

As the boys from Burnaby Canadians and they will tell you it didn't cost them 65K to run the tourney. They actually made some coin for the club.

I heard he personally does the balls waxing at the largest hair salon and spa in Vancouver. He has 48 workers you know.

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't get the debate here, If this is a Open Qualifier to get to a better tourney for bragging rights how can you "hand pick the groups?"
If this is to represent the West how can we have the best team going to play if the draw from the beginning has been rigged?

I applaud Ghouse for the effort in putting something like this together but to allow his own team a better chance than others taints the tourney.
It seems pretty black and white and for Ghouse to try and explain that all teams do it is pretty lame.
If ACBC makes it to the final I think the posts on here will triple with complaints of fixed tourney. THats why you just do things on board to begin with.

JMO

Still looking forward to watching some great games though.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Have to agree with you redwoods. Not playing in the tourney so am unbiased but as a qualifier for the Canada Cup I think the rigging of the draw is bush league. Does the Canada Cup know that their Western Qualifier is rigged? Are the other qualifying tournaments rigged for the 'home' team? Spinning it that this is done for group parity is just that, a spin. If you want a reputable tourney then don't rig the draw for your team...or for any team. Make seedings and draw the remaining team or just draw the teams.

If you are just throwing a weekend tourney that is an ACBC tourney that is stand alone and not attached to a larger tourney...I can MAYBE see you rigging the draw...actually, no I can't. My experience with tourneys is that the home team gets plum start times and fields...not strategically massaged draws.

wayne's world

Jun 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
there is still time to do an actual random draw but snakes don't do the right thing. the draw can be overseen by PricewaterhouseCoopers.

even if acbc cheats their way to ontario, they be embarassed by these semi-pro team. Most likely PCSL quality, which surely acbc will be attested by geewegothosed

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't get the debate here, If this is a Open Qualifier to get to a better tourney for bragging rights how can you "hand pick the groups?"
If this is to represent the West how can we have the best team going to play if the draw from the beginning has been rigged?

I applaud Ghouse for the effort in putting something like this together but to allow his own team a better chance than others taints the tourney.
It seems pretty black and white and for Ghouse to try and explain that all teams do it is pretty lame.
If ACBC makes it to the final I think the posts on here will triple with complaints of fixed tourney. THats why you just do things on board to begin with.

JMO

Still looking forward to watching some great games though.
Well said. I'm done with this (I hope). And, no... I'm not in the tournament either. I will just sit back and admire the Burnaby Canadians Tourney trophy we EARNED the last time it was hosted.

wayne's world

Jun 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
a league called Canadian Soccer League in ontario, similar to PCSL runs the tourney back east. Since Whitecaps,Impact and Toronto were based out of a US league, the CSL branded themselves as the top Canadian league. Top league would be debatable. It's still just a tourney which will never be sanctioned by CSA.

Best bet is still the provincial winner like this year's Columbus going to Nationals and winning. Then the winner represents Canada at the club level. Wouldn't that make more sense? I think that's what Azzi was saying that all this was redundant and that's why talks with gho ended.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Commercial Tourney Field rental is $200 per field per day. Total $2,400
City usually wants tourney organizer to buy $5M liaibility insurance Total=$1000
48 games with ref and linesmen = 48x3X$50= $7200
Website and hosting estimate another $500
Trophies another $1500
Staff, even if you had 10 people x $15 x 8 hours x4 days = $4800

So tourney summary:

Revenue $24,000
Cost above -17,400
prize money -11,000
----------------------
loss $4400 and made back on beer and food

I've helped Nation's Cup and Whitecaps finances so I know what I'm talking about. $65K of your own money on top of $24K in registration and money from beer and profits, that's a poorly financed venture even if you include the 20 free travel back to Ontario. Just stating some accurate assumptions that people can use to draw there own conclusion and it just doesn't bulljive.

I didnt want to spend my day typeing the real dollar values here but you leave me no choice,,Just to prove Im not a total wack but here ya go.

To enter the OCC we had to pay $250.00 per team who enter our tournment.
$6000.
fields and I have the recept in front of me.
$5377.52
refs and linesmen
$4400
Parks food buy out
$990
Insurance
$1600
Staff (and not just tournament days)
$6200
Web
$500
Renting of Tents,Truck,Fencing
$2000
Trophies
$1050
Prize Moneys
$11,000
Flights (tax in)
$16,416
Ground transfers(2 vans in Toronto and London for the whole long weekend)$1600
Fuel
$600
Hotels,(long weekend rate)tax in
$6566.40
First aid
$400
Tournament Board (signage)
$300
Total here is $65,000k
Plus
Miss extras
you pick a price around $2-300
AND most of all
MY fricken busy ass time to organize it all,,
Priceless

Now we only have 22 registered teams as my 2 teams come out of my pocket
so only -$22,000

Oh and beer garden costs vs profit,,,,well mr Whitecaps ,Nations cup,,you have a 20 year fricken following to spend money in your beer gardens and you use the fricken Shriners to save money on Insurance and staff,,we have no crowd as of yet and lost money last year to a tune of $2200,,so if you want to add our projected losses in we can do that to,,,

I am building on the future and goofs like you who shoot their mouths off take alot of fun out of it for the rest of us,,
Ps did you start the whitecaps or the Nations Cup,,,or just help out an already successful event.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
guys say what you want about Rich and the draw, but I would think it's a fairly classless act to call him a liar and attack him and his business personally

Just my $0.02...

It looks bad, and I'm embarrassed for you WW.

99 posts and probably 12 of them in this thread acting the fool.

Well Done.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am off to Kamloops now so I wont be able to chat till I get back and frankly im am done here..
Have a super long weekend and good luck to all.
Love me or Hate me makes no difference to me ,I feel I am right and I am doing something about how I feel,,Most of you do nothing but bitch and cry.
Step up,,do something better,,,please.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh have to add this,,
Wayne have you met my girlfriends,,ya I have more than 1,,,ask around buddy ask anyone who I date,,Playmates the both of them,,,and yes they know each other,,just ask
Playmates means they were both in Playboy,,not just a saying but for real..
They will be working the beer garden so come out and ask...
Remember I dont lie,,come and see my private Turkish Prision...

wayne's world

Jun 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
guys say what you want about Rich and the draw, but I would think it's a fairly classless act to call him a liar and attack him and his business personally

Just my $0.02...

It looks bad, and I'm embarrassed for you WW.

99 posts and probably 12 of them in this thread acting the fool.

Well Done.

you must be one of the 48 massage guys rich hires. you must be another premier player right. you must be good.

it's not an attack, just no one wants to here someone tooting there own horn.

he can get more respect if he draw the tourney fairly and there is time. wow, he's so proud to have more than one girlfriend. so honest, so cool. and apparently playmates. you've earned all our respect

doesn't matter if it's 1 post or a million, if it's got some truths and some people believe it, no harm done. it's only cheating if you get caught. whatever

wayne's world

Jun 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh have to add this,,
Wayne have you met my girlfriends,,ya I have more than 1,,,ask around buddy ask anyone who I date,,Playmates the both of them,,,and yes they know each other,,just ask
Playmates means they were both in Playboy,,not just a saying but for real..
They will be working the beer garden so come out and ask...
Remember I dont lie,,come and see my private Turkish Prision...

ask around? who really cares. next thing your going to tell us there was k-fed and g-ho are same.

this is getting boring. hope one of the premier teams win it and this will best represent this region in the tourney back east. Remember, the challenge cup is the only true national tourney. Held in Halifax in October. Open Canada Cup is just another tourney. sending a shite team will be a deservice and only self-promoting.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
you must be one of the 48 massage guys rich hires. you must be another premier player right. you must be good.

it's not an attack, just no one wants to here someone tooting there own horn.

he can get more respect if he draw the tourney fairly and there is time. wow, he's so proud to have more than one girlfriend. so honest, so cool. and apparently playmates. you've earned all our respect

doesn't matter if it's 1 post or a million, if it's got some truths and some people believe it, no harm done. it's only cheating if you get caught. whatever

Yeah that's me one of Rich's fluffers. Tosser.

I'm no Premier player either, I have never said I am. In fact earlier in this thread I think I admitted to Mucking like nobody has mucked before.:rolleyes:

All I'm saying is right or wrong the guy is spending a ton of time and effort,
slag his draw all you want but personally attacking the guy is out of line.

Leftonly

Jul 18, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
F*ck me senseless....few comments, and unfortunately my team is not entered...

1. Applaud the effort to do the tourney..
2. Would have kept the rigging part silent, purely because you are saying you are trying to build something, you want supporters, not haters as you call them.
3. Wayne - instead of bashing this concept, why not see what happens, not saying that Foden, Azzi, any Burnaby Exec's etc - but any past tourney's home teams always have a route - just not publicly noted, but did no one find it funny when Canada was trying to build a team up over the years at Nations how they or Scotland (and I play for them - which most of the organisers came from) used to get the Inuit, Greenland, Poland in their group year after year - part and partial of doing the work for the tourney. I remember playing Metro ford as a kid in the final every year, and Burnaby or back in the days Wesburn in the final....it's how it is...

But instead of whining why not a side bet.....

Wayne's team vs ghouse - with a tourney wager on the line - if you are not in the tourney, both of you, (no idea who Wayne plays for), do an exhibition game or an event kick off game (with free beer from Playboy babies) on Thursday night, I bet this forum comes to watch two team play for 1000k...

Applaud the effort ghouse - just tone down the selfproclaimedgreatestmanofalltimeforcanadiansoccerspeech....and your tourney will soon be 48 teams, where you could have put Terrace Rangers vs Hope Celtic in the same group....they would come from all over...

wayne's world

Jun 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess the big deal is that the "Big Scary clubs" , of which I would like to know how many of the whiners here play for, are mad that Rich has given his team a slightly easier ride to the quarters or semi's than the "Big Bad" Vancouver Utd, Inter, Columbus Clan, et all.

Listen... I don't know what all the fuss is about either...At least Rich guarantees the teams get to play decent games. I don't know how we, for instance, would fare playing Columbus, probably get smoked 10-1 or something...That being said If we get out of group stage and face them in a quarter then bring it on...I see how some of them may feel bad about a div 2 team playing in a quarter when a top class team that may get a little unlucky doesn't make playoff round...

But I highly doubt the "favorites" that have signed up this year will not sign up next year just because they were assigned a group that is tough. They probably signed up for a chance at the cash and a chance at a holiday/trip/tourney to Ontario to play other supposedly finest amateur club sides in the Nation. I don't think they signed up to beat on a div 2 team just to lose to the better team that may or may not have been in their group in the first place.

Tissue anyone?

you're not too smart eh Johnny.

teams could careless about good competition. if they sell half decent beer and win the money, that's all they want. you could call it whatever you want, rigging, cheating, etc, it's actually an attempt to do that. the host team still has to win it, albeit on suspect circumstances. lots of posters agree it's this fact that will make this tournament mickey mouse.

I only pointed out the fact that someone who goes around claiming to lose some $65K out of pocket, some people will question it. Don't talk about it, then no one will comment.

If he claims to be dating playmates, better bet most ttper will say bull. Don't say it, then no one will call you liar.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
obviously you are the mucker if your team doesn't care about playing good competition, who's post are not too smart eh?

Most whiners whining here about the $1000 entree fee are just there for decent beer and the prize money? Nope.

My ENTIRE team along with a few of the Poco Pacific guys and a few of the ND Nationals were the only ones in the beer garden last summer because everyone was so amped for the cash.

Get over yourself, you're fighting a losing battle.

wayne's world

Jun 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
F*ck me senseless....few comments, and unfortunately my team is not entered...

1. Applaud the effort to do the tourney..
2. Would have kept the rigging part silent, purely because you are saying you are trying to build something, you want supporters, not haters as you call them.
3. Wayne - instead of bashing this concept, why not see what happens, not saying that Foden, Azzi, any Burnaby Exec's etc - but any past tourney's home teams always have a route - just not publicly noted, but did no one find it funny when Canada was trying to build a team up over the years at Nations how they or Scotland (and I play for them - which most of the organisers came from) used to get the Inuit, Greenland, Poland in their group year after year - part and partial of doing the work for the tourney. I remember playing Metro ford as a kid in the final every year, and Burnaby or back in the days Wesburn in the final....it's how it is...

But instead of whining why not a side bet.....

Wayne's team vs ghouse - with a tourney wager on the line - if you are not in the tourney, both of you, (no idea who Wayne plays for), do an exhibition game or an event kick off game (with free beer from Playboy babies) on Thursday night, I bet this forum comes to watch two team play for 1000k...

Applaud the effort ghouse - just tone down the selfproclaimedgreatestmanofalltimeforcanadiansoccerspeech....and your tourney will soon be 48 teams, where you could have put Terrace Rangers vs Hope Celtic in the same group....they would come from all over...

it's a big difference. The old burnaby tourney and the current nation's cup is really to raise money for the clubs. When you make it a money tourney, that changes the dynamics. You don't think teams that entered would be a bit hesitant to enter if they knew the draw was biases. What happens if the refs are bias too? That's the difference from a potential great idea to a sham.

little bit worried about turkish playmates. that's a lot of hair

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0