Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premiership 2010 / 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
His cross for Berba's 3rd goal was quality.

Quality? It looked more like your typical floating cross to the back post. I think what Berbs did with cross made the cross look better than it actually was. We need to see more of Rafael/Vidic/Ferdinand/Evra on the back line. Evans has struggled since the day he signed on, so I'm not holding my breath there. I'd prefer a healthy Wes Brown over Evans, IMO.

I am looking forward to Chelsea's next 3 fixtures, however :) As long as we haven't anymore hickups! C'mon City!!

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Come on mate, give credit where credit's due ...... his cross was good. He looked up, picked Berbatov out and planted it on his head in a crowded box. He had a pretty good game filling in at right back other than the foul on Torres.

Agree with you on the backline .... we need a steady & consistent back four throughout the season. I'm a huge fan of Wes Brown and I'm not sure what's going on with him lately. Yes, he had injury problems the last two years but the year before when we won the Premiership & Champions League, he was the best right back in the country and played 52 times for United that year. He's 30 now so maybe, all the injuries have taken it's toll and he can't play week in / week out. On the other hand, if Rafael stays fit he should develop into quite the right back.

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Northampton in penalties. Carling Cup or not, that cant help an already fragile team spirit Going to be a long season, Regs

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
i see man u beat my old club in the carling cup, also seen the streaker too lol.

Apparently, they battered us in the 1st half MB10. A typcial Carling Cup lineup but good to see Chris Smalling get his first for the club and Michael Owen get a brace. Bebe made his debut as well which was good to see. Hopefully, the young'uns will have a good run in the Cup as it's their best way to get any sort of experience at that level.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Apparently, they battered us in the 1st half MB10. A typcial Carling Cup lineup but good to see Chris Smalling get his first for the club and Michael Owen get a brace. Bebe made his debut as well which was good to see. Hopefully, the young'uns will have a good run in the Cup as it's their best way to get any sort of experience at that level.

Yeah I didn't see the game I was just following it on my phone. Seen the fb page about the streaker as the majority of my friends over there joined or w.e. Didn't expect scunny to beat united tho but woulda liked to of been at glanford park for it.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is only a matter of time till Man U takes top spot.

Wish I could agree with you but after that performance yesterday, there's a slim & none chance that we'll win the title this year. Even with his gloves on :rolleyes: , Rooney didn't look half the player he did last year. We are really missing that cutting edge in the opposition's final third. We can keep possession all day but if we struggle to break down backline's like Bolton, Rangers, etc., then we're fcuked.

On another note ..... watched the City / Chelsea game on Saturday morning. Quite impressed with City ...... their midfield and backline are excellent. Tevez took his goal well but have to question Cole & Terry's defending or lack thereof. At that level, do you honestly let a striker run 40 yards with the ball at you while you're backing off ?? To City's credit (and I can't believe I'm saying this), they made Chelsea look average.

6 games in and all to play for ......

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wish I could agree with you but after that performance yesterday, there's a slim & none chance that we'll win the title this year. Even with his gloves on :rolleyes: , Rooney didn't look half the player he did last year. We are really missing that cutting edge in the opposition's final third. We can keep possession all day but if we struggle to break down backline's like Bolton, Rangers, etc., then we're fcuked.

On another note ..... watched the City / Chelsea game on Saturday morning. Quite impressed with City ...... their midfield and backline are excellent. Tevez took his goal well but have to question Cole & Terry's defending or lack thereof. At that level, do you honestly let a striker run 40 yards with the ball at you while you're backing off ?? To City's credit (and I can't believe I'm saying this), they made Chelsea look average.

6 games in and all to play for ......

Spot on Walks! Unfortunately the fact that city will be a challenger opposed to United's slide will be hard to swallow. Not since Law sent us down in 72 have we really had to give the sky blue a true thought and we will from now going forward until the oil dries up.

Your comments on Cole and Terry are so true. Terry is on the decline and he has been over rated for the last couple of years in my view. He is a big reason England will disapoint in Euro.

I am certainly concerned with United at the moment but the back line is worrying more than Rooney but only just. United are notorious for slow starts but things seem a little different this year. I'm hoping Fergie has a new hair dryer to break in to get the run for the Championship on track come December.......if it isn't too late by then.

For now I will enjoy watching Wengers Wankers piss points away and hope ths scouse bastards are relegated.

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am certainly concerned with United at the moment but the back line is worrying more than Rooney but only just.

Couldn't agree more.

Also, I think we're scoring enough goals to win games.

1st goal by Bolton (Knight), was due to some typical marking by you know who :mad: In the post-game commentary Iain Dowie said straight up that Evans has been horrible this season. What will it take, Walks, for you to see sense ;)
Vidic has also said in an interview that Uniteds defense is struggling at the moment, and it's the main problem for not getting the results.
On a few positives, Van der Saar continues to impress, Nani's looking the part, and we beat Liverpool.

2 points wasted on the weekend. Come on the Gunners!!

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
1st goal by Bolton (Knight), was due to some typical marking by you know who :mad: In the post-game commentary Iain Dowie said straight up that Evans has been horrible this season. What will it take, Walks, for you to see sense ;)

Blakey, I agree with you on Evans but I thought we were at a crossroads about O'Shea :D

Walks said:
Evans has struggled this year. He's made some rash decisions especially in his own area ..... he's young and he'll improve. United have traditionally had strong centre halves so he'll get the proper coaching I'm sure.

I hope for United's sake, that Evans does get the proper coaching ..... ie. fcuking bollocked in front of the entire squad, reserves and U12's.

Agree with you both on the backline ........ I think we're missing Ferdinand and a regular right back. As much as I think O'Shea is 'decent', he's not fantastic at any one position. We need Rafael to get fit and command a regular place in the side. Ferdinand's strength is organizing where Vidic's is defending. Asking him to do both right now is having an adverse effect on the back four IMO.

Seriously, I can defend better than Evans did on Knight's goal. It's a miracle that plonker is still playing in the Premiership and for him to score against us ?? Fcuk me ..... that's turning the screw a bit.

Agreed with Van der Saar and Nani - both having excellent season's so far.

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Absolutely agree with everything you said, Walks. We'll have to wait and see if Evan's gets some "proper" coaching. He's been there enough years now, so he needs to start performing some time soon.
I suppose it's a bit unfair to knock O'Shea, as he's never had the chance to settle in one position. It's his pace that'll cost him at times. I think even Smallsy would have him over 50 yards.

Cheers, big ears.

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Absolutely agree with everything you said, Walks. We'll have to wait and see if Evan's gets some "proper" coaching. He's been there enough years now, so he needs to start performing some time soon.
I suppose it's a bit unfair to knock O'Shea, as he's never had the chance to settle in one position. It's his pace that'll cost him at times. I think even Smallsy would have him over 50 yards.

Cheers, big ears.

Vidic and Ferdinand are playign together for the first time tomorrow. This is a positive but for how long? Ferdinand seems frail these days. I wouldn't be surprised if Fergie goes shopping in January for another centre half.

I have to say Nani is looking the part this year and seems confident in becoming the new coming of Ronaldo.......even his falling over is right on par:eek:.

Evans has been shocking this year and disapointing when he looked like he was becoming an excellent third centre half. Rafael is gettign there but his defending is also sometimes suspect in a Brazilian way. Love his attack though. Him and Nani coming at you pushes the ouside mid back on his heels so the defending Raf does usually ends up being up field. Hargreaves can also play Right back...........when and if????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0