Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Presidents Cup President's Cup Draws 2008/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh and div 2 and div 3 are different. you may not think so but they are. we have just moved up from div 3 to premier (4 years) and div 3 to div 2 with our reserve team and yes alot of teams can play in different divs, but the higher you go the better the teams get and they really do. again yes the bottom teams in each div could play down but the top teams could play up so you do the math. You will see in a few weeks.
And for the record this year in div 2 there are way more good teams than I have seen in the past. Div 2 is way stronger than it was last year.

LC7

Oct 28, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
how is dividing 4 bye slots fair between 3 divisions? Sure top teams in each pool in div 2 teams get one no questions asked, that is cool. BUT how do you fairly give the fourth spot to one team out of the three groups when all three 2nd place teams feel they deserve it? I figure they gave it to arguably the top Div 3 team because it was the next best choice instead of creating a huge debate of which div 2 should deserve it..

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
how is dividing 4 bye slots fair between 3 divisions? Sure top teams in each pool in div 2 teams get one no questions asked, that is cool. BUT how do you fairly give the fourth spot to one team out of the three groups when all three 2nd place teams feel they deserve it? I figure they gave it to arguably the top Div 3 team because it was the next best choice instead of creating a huge debate of which div 2 should deserve it..

Yeah okay that's why they did it(think not). I think every team would rather have any Div.2 team over your team(except maybe mine). I haven't seen you play but really if you are beating teams 14-0 your division is pretty weak. We are close to being relegated and we wouldn't even lose 14-0 to a premier team. Maybe 8-0 but 14-0 not a chance. At best your team is a Div.1 team but even that you are beating teams by 9-0,8-0,7-0. The teams you are beating are obviously in Div.3 for a reason they suck nuts. So for you to get a bye over one of the 2nd place Div.2 teams is stupid. You don't think so but you're wrong.

It has been said on here before, Nomads and ACBC walked through their divisions and they are both mid pack Div.2 teams. You may be better then mid pack but for you to deserve a bye you would need to be equal to the top teams in Div.2, don't think that's it. Maybe you will win your division next year and go to Div.1,still don't think you deserve a bye this year.

Say next year you were a team in Div.2 and in second place like Coyotes B(9-1-2) with a good record and you don't get a bye, but some team that is running through shite teams gets the bye, we will all see what you will be saying. We all know what you would say :thats bullshit.

WestCoast...What??? Merry Christmas and happy holidays and to Franchise Happy hanukkah.

LC7

Oct 28, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
what team deserves the fourth spot then? you could argue about this all day.. no one knows why we got it, I threw an idea out there, what more do you want..

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
what team deserves the fourth spot then? you could argue about this all day.. no one knows why we got it, I threw an idea out there, what more do you want..

Put the 3 second place teams in a hat and draw. Simple idea, they are all pretty equal in points, not rocket science.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
WestCoast is right, and again its nothing to do with your team,,But a div 3 team does not deserve to get a bye in cup period. I dont care how they pick the 4th team, as long as its fair(record makes sence). Div 3 teams have to pay their dues,

klewis

Nov 2, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed, good idea, put all the second place div 2 teams in a hat and draw one team and give it to them. I don't care, like I said id rather play. This is a stupid argument cause its not gonna change anything.

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
www.noonecares.ca/letsmoveon.html

Sentinel will win their 2nd round game, and this whole matter will be forgotten?

Is blowing a team out 14-0 really any better then 6-0? once you get 4,5 on a team, they seem to keep coming a little easier. I dunno what Sentinel does, but usually when your up by 3 its autopilot mode. Apparently they don't stop coming at teams. Surprised you don't deal with more injuries/cards etc., usually teams don't take drubbings like that without taking a few bodies in the process.

Furious George

Sep 17, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is blowing a team out 14-0 really any better then 6-0? once you get 4,5 on a team, they seem to keep coming a little easier. I dunno what Sentinel does, but usually when your up by 3 its autopilot mode. Apparently they don't stop coming at teams. Surprised you don't deal with more injuries/cards etc., usually teams don't take drubbings like that without taking a few bodies in the process.

I don't necessarily agree with this...They were ahead 5-0 against us (Tigers) by half and in the second half they put their keeper up front and moved their forwards to the backline. They spent most of the 2nd half trying to set their keeper up for a goal and attempting whacky offensive build-ups. Had they really wanted to they could have pumped 20 into the net (especially since we played with only 9 men). My point being that they are just really good...way better than any gonads or whalley team that's drinking their own kool-aid and I would go as far as saying as good as the Gunners and LUFC Athletic teams that got promoted to Div. 1 a few years back. It's not their fault they have to waste a year in Div. 3

dmm9

Nov 2, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
im not saying we should have the bye but every team had the chance at it. if you wanted to get a bye that bad then all you had to do was get first in your division. we may not deserve it but if your in second you dont deserve it either. plus is a bye that big of a deal? if your good enough to win the cup then one more game should not matter since the odds are it wouldnt have been against a top team.

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
*shrug* I'm fine with it. It's about playing games, I wouldnt want a bye, I'd rather be playing. I know if we dont shoot ourselves in the foot we are good enough to beat every team in the draw, unfortunately for abbotsford they have to be first. :wa:

dmm9

Nov 2, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
yea kinda wish we got to play too maybe get a game in against a middle pack div 2 team so we could see the difference between 2 and 3 before we play a top div 2 team.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
*shrug* I'm fine with it. It's about playing games, I wouldnt want a bye, I'd rather be playing. I know if we dont shoot ourselves in the foot we are good enough to beat every team in the draw, unfortunately for abbotsford they have to be first. :wa:

So you're not going to play then? ;)

klewis

Nov 2, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't necessarily agree with this...They were ahead 5-0 against us (Tigers) by half and in the second half they put their keeper up front and moved their forwards to the backline. They spent most of the 2nd half trying to set their keeper up for a goal and attempting whacky offensive build-ups. Had they really wanted to they could have pumped 20 into the net (especially since we played with only 9 men). My point being that they are just really good...way better than any gonads or whalley team that's drinking their own kool-aid and I would go as far as saying as good as the Gunners and LUFC Athletic teams that got promoted to Div. 1 a few years back. It's not their fault they have to waste a year in Div. 3
Thanks George, I was going to bring that up but it always sounds better when another team says it, then its not so bias. Goal was to get everyone on our team a goal or two, so..

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

I blame the goaltending:p

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Say next year you were a team in Div.2 and in second place like Coyotes B(9-1-2) with a good record and you don't get a bye, but some team that is running through shite teams gets the bye, we will all see what you will be saying. We all know what you would say :thats bullshit.
as much as i agree with you westcoast about 4 div 2 byes. to be fair the 4th bye should go to abbostford in div 2b. only because they have more points than us. sure they've played more games but they have more points. its nothing against sentinel but most people are right when they say it should be a div 2 team getting a bye. but whatever man i would rather play from round 1 because thats when the competition starts, right from game 1. it doesn't matter who you draw because when cup starts every team is juiced and ready to go. and to the 4 teams with byes i don't even think all 4 will win their second round cup games...thats just me but whatever we can't change anything on here anyways...:rolleyes:

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
im not saying we should have the bye but every team had the chance at it. if you wanted to get a bye that bad then all you had to do was get first in your division. we may not deserve it but if your in second you dont deserve it either. plus is a bye that big of a deal? if your good enough to win the cup then one more game should not matter since the odds are it wouldnt have been against a top team.

a bye can be considered a big deal, but its being played up bigger right now than it needs to be cause a div. 3 team got it.

reason being that it could be considered a big deal is a) card problems later on in cup for playing one more game; b) a chance of injuries to players (happened to our best player last year in round 2); and c) just that there's that one more chance of being knocked out by a weaker team just because your team had an off day (trust me it happens alot).

but like you said, you need to win every game anyways and if your team is good enough to make a long run in the cup, you have to get win, win, win anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0