Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vancouver Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Footy99

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah Bennett is the new Reserve coach nice to see the WhiteCaps having a reserve team ala the NASL days. Also the Whitecaps are holding a mini camp at Burnaby Lake to evaluate some local talent and for the players to get to know new Coach Bob Lilley.

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Talked to JJ and apparently there are a lot of younger players there such as Tyler Roselund and such. Maybe the caps are looking in the right direction for once.

Cheers
JB

Footy99

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
J_B said:
Maybe the caps are looking in the right direction for once.

Cheers
JB

With new coach Bob Lilley at least the coach come in with out any frienship to any of the players. I found that in the past coached of the Caps were former players that never or were too afraid to crack the whip when needed.

I'm happy with this mini training camp getting started time to evaluate the local talent and weed out any that are not willing to commit fully to the team.

Cheers

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Footy 99, is it true that Cap players will no longer be able to play with thier Club teams in the VMSL or FVSL for the rest of the season, or is this just hear-say because Lilley is a bigtime ball buster?

Anyword on other bigname signings other than Watty?

hos

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
All of last years Whitecaps, with the exception of two, were in attendance at the mini camp, plus a few interesting additions.
The exceptions are Chris Franks and Martin Nash. The interesting additions are former Cap Jeff Skinner, two Chileans (who played for Edmonton last year) and the BC based U20 National team players. Bob Lilley was overheard saying that one of the U20s is a serious threat for a spot on the big team with the rest challenging for spots on the reserve team.

Yallop has selected a mostly ALeague team for a camp in Florida later this month. Harmes and Jordan have been included in the Florida camp. Many of the top Canadians have club commitments overseas and are not available for the camp, but should be available for the friendlies in North Ireland in Feb. and Portugal in March.

Footy99

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Footy 99, is it true that Cap players will no longer be able to play with thier Club teams in the VMSL or FVSL for the rest of the season, or is this just hear-say because Lilley is a bigtime ball buster?

I understand that it is just hear-say at the moment but dont be surprised to see it introduced some time in the near future. Its good to hear that we have some new faces challenging for spots on the squad I think Lilley needs to push his local talent this year.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see the Womens Cap team has been ranked 7th in the World, for the World Womens Club Soccer rankings. Not bad for a bunch of girls that don't even get paid to play, actually it is kind of sad. Lets hope Bobbaduzzy or Kerfoot, give the girls a little money this year for winning the Championship last summer.

hos

Footy99

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whitecaps will be on the radio this Spring

Well it looks like the Caps inked a deal with the Team1040 to broadcast home/away games and have a weekly soccer show on the Team1040.
Dolan and Schad will do the play by play.

Good news tough to follow the team on the road so this is a major improvement !

Footy99

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well an update .... The is a done deal all 28 games will be broadcast on the Team1040 am this starting this spring and on streaming audio on their site. The game broadcast will also have a 1/2 hour pre and post game show along with a weekly 1hr. radio show on Internaltional,Local and National teams.

No word yet on who will be doing the play by play my guess is Paul Dolan and Peter Schaad ...

Kudos to Whitecaps and the Team1040 for getting this deal done ...

Footy99

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whitecaps - Said Ali signed today.

According to several Pittsburgh news papers the Whitecaps signed a young forward named Said Ali. Ali in his rookie year last year scored 15 goals and 7 game winners for the Riverhounds in USL divison 2.

Cheers
Footy

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The report said he scored quite a few goals in Div 2. Can he do the same at the Caps higher level of play?
Its good to see more competition at the striker position. Haven't heard anything about Winston Griffiths. Is he gone?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am not knowing!!?? I know that Xausa and all the new signings are signed to contracts for this year, as for the others- I don't know. I don't know that Nash is even signed for this year yet.....

Haven't seen any news on the GanjaMan so I'll assume no news is good news....For now...

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Have the Caps signed Wade yet? He's scoring tonnes of goals in Div 1 of the FVSL though it's yet to be seen if he can continue at the higher level of FVSL Premier.

:D

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone hearing anything about how the players are feeling about the twice a week practices which the coach is putting them through? How do they like practicing under Lilley with his no-nonsense approach?

Footy99

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think the returning whitecaps will have to take a new approach to the team gone are the days they can take the coach lightly becasue the coach is a former player/friend.

There will be a few players not returning to this years squad but I guess we will heard about it next month.

Footy99

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sunderland or Ipswich ??? Who will it be there are strong rumours that one of those 2 teams will be here to play the Whitecaps in the summer ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0