Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Div 2] 2008-09 Divisional Setup

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bosna 2 to 1 winners Pcov 2 to 1 winners, Douglas Patrk 3 to 1 winners Cleos 2 to 1 winners Not sure on the other two.
Some teams played in the summer leagues ,these guys will have a bit of edge till third week. After third week it will all level off. PCOV, Douglas Park, Nk and Bosna should be the top four it all depends on shape of some clubs.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, we are in 2C this year (PG Rangers) and looking forward to the season. Division looks tight and I expect all games to be close this year and no runaway team for the top (although Desmesh could be the wildcard here...). Very happy the league has made changes from the top down as division 2 should be competitive for the first time in many years.

Playing the mighty Lomas in the opener Saturday. Saw them in the cup last year and it went to OT so should be a close one.

Good luck everyone.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is Asian team from Richmond. You should not worry about them to much. I think they were 3rd in Div 3. Also their best player is not playing with them this year.

Did Elvis actually play for them last year? I thought he was just helping coach?

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Elves is capable to play in premier if he wants to train hard. It is hard for him due to shift worh as a gard. He will help Sarajevo alot. Smart guy on the ball. It is going to be one of the toughest geroups.

Socceroos

May 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
What happened, how did a 3rd place Div 3 team make it to div 2.....who dropped out to get the Unicornbombers to Div. 1 :confused:....now there is a team that will be right back down.

I am a bit confused.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unicornbombers to Div. 1

Who the fcuk are you talking about.

Rangers
green devils
gn sporting
bombastic

those 4 went up. GN and Green devils after div 1 or premier teams dropped out and it made spots available.

they had a bunch of teams merge and drop out so it makes sense to get teams in your league system rather than new teams.

Socceroos

May 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who the fcuk are you talking about.

Rangers
green devils
gn sporting
bombastic

those 4 went up. GN and Green devils after div 1 or premier teams dropped out and it made spots available.

they had a bunch of teams merge and drop out so it makes sense to get teams in your league system rather than new teams.

I get it ....I was refering to the Green Devils not the Corns.

akal number one

Sep 23, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
What happened, how did a 3rd place Div 3 team make it to div 2.....who dropped out to get the Unicornbombers to Div. 1 :confused:....now there is a team that will be right back down.

I am a bit confused.

I wouldn't be so sure that they are going to drop right back down. The did pump out over 100 goals last year, and no Elvis wasn't the cause for that. They have some VERY quick offensive players, and teams who take them lightly might get stung. However, their D and goaltending are weak, so good teams should be fine playing against them.

Don't be too quick to judge teams based on standings, if it weren't for our cup run, many would be picking Desmesh to go down this year( we were 2nd in div 3)

Also the Stars narrowly lost out to Luchadores 3-2 both times they played them, so if they have the same players, don't expect them to be too much of a joke

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Desmesh and Wickham to fight for promotion

Socceroos and Europa to fight for relegation

Stars to finish lower-mid table

Socceroos

May 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Desmesh and Wickham to fight for promotion

Socceroos and Europa to fight for relegation

Stars to finish lower-mid table

The Roos played Whickam in the finals of the " The Whickham 7 a Side" tournament.
They managed to beat a drunk Roos squad 2:1....they did not consume a single beer at their own tourney.

Promotion? I don't see it.:cool:

mugjamari

Mar 5, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does anyone know what actually happened to Wickham? How did they drop?

Were they missing players? Have they lost players since the end of the season?

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Roos played Whickam in the finals of the " The Whickham 7 a Side" tournament.
They managed to beat a drunk Roos squad 2:1....they did not consume a single beer at their own tourney.

Promotion? I don't see it.:cool:

Answer: Wickham have been a solid div 1 team for several years and the Roos STINK!

ctower10

Nov 27, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Div 2c better watch out for the vancouver stars, yeah sure they lost elvis but have gotten new recruits. They tailed off at the end last year but were right up there with desmesh and Burnaby. Desmesh got lucky on both occasions as they got outplayed in both games, look forward to seeing these two teams playing against each other again this season

denosana

Sep 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Prediction: Sarajevo 14 - Cleos 0
Fresh ship of new immigrants arrived from Bosnia. They have this new fella goes by the name Haza Fantastico who apparently played at a pro level in Vakuf.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0