Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL Div 1] November '08 Results and Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluebird

Mar 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
poco v knights abandoned after 35 / 40 mins due to a broken leg two guys playing up from the rams to try and help out colided on the goal line and joel ended up in an ambulance
i'm sure some one will have more accurate details but it looked and sounded as if the paramedics tried to re-set it on the field
joel is a tough tough kid and they worked on him for about 15 mins and there was a lot of noise coming from him

anyway right now all we can hope for is not to much long term damage and a speedy recovery

Curvature#2

Sep 30, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gunners 1 - TMU 0

Scored 15 minutes in and never looked back. A hard fought battle for 90 minutes with the TMU goalie making 3 unreal saves to keep the titans in it. Not much offense from TMU, with their best chances coming off of corner kicks that were headed away. Good group of guys who move the ball well, but they met the Gunners for one of the best all around games we've played despite not chalking a few more on the scoreboard.

Dont know if WarmBencher made it out to the field tonite but maybe he can give his unbiased view of things.

warmbencher

Sep 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
warmbencher is gettin liquored in about 30 mins to take away the thoughts of his bleeding nose and cut eye from a dirty elbow

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
not 100% sure, I left witha few minutes left in both games, but Rangers scored in the last 2minutes vs. PAU to go up 1-0 and the whalley strikers were getting spanked 4-0 despite having the lion's share of the possession.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
poco v knights abandoned after 35 / 40 mins due to a broken leg two guys playing up from the rams to try and help out colided on the goal line and joel ended up in an ambulance
i'm sure some one will have more accurate details but it looked and sounded as if the paramedics tried to re-set it on the field
joel is a tough tough kid and they worked on him for about 15 mins and there was a lot of noise coming from him

anyway right now all we can hope for is not to much long term damage and a speedy recovery

Get well soon Joel!

The_Reverend

Sep 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
PA Selects 1- Rangers 1

Good game - rangers probably the best defensive team we have played, cleared a lot of our chances quite well - they slide tackle well overall, and very often - hard to get around.... though some were a bit fishy. Their passing was good, but they did not have a lot of quality chances that they made on their own... we had a few lapses that let them walk in... not man marking, some lazy play. However, they did not deserve the goal - on a corner, our goalie has his hands on the ball, 3 rangers essentially bodycheck him into the net, ball goes in... ref lets it go... just after yellow carding a ranger for running our keep over... go figure... 5 minutes left... we respond by playing like crazy, win a corner, perfect cross in that our centre mid runs on hard and heads it in... 1-1, whistle goes a minute or so later ... and a gritty tie pulled out... for most of the game we were the better team, but their goalie and defense defeated most of our chances... and we have to play a full 90 and not watch the play from on the field... ND next week

The_Reverend

Sep 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
the whalley strikers were getting spanked 4-0 despite having the lion's share of the possession.
strikers did lose 4-0... so their turnaround brought right back to where they started... sucking... i think i am going to start calling is21 the italianpony... he needs to play on a kids team... or maybe the italianmare... he can play womens soccer... div 4....

Maximus

Nov 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yup, it was 1 - 1. 2 goals scored in the last five minutes made for some high drama. Props to Rangers for having us up to their bbq afterwards. Hopefully we can host you on our turf and return the favour next year.

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
PA Selects 1- Rangers 1

Good game - rangers probably the best defensive team we have played, cleared a lot of our chances quite well - they slide tackle well overall, and very often - hard to get around.... though some were a bit fishy. Their passing was good, but they did not have a lot of quality chances that they made on their own... we had a few lapses that let them walk in... not man marking, some lazy play. However, they did not deserve the goal - on a corner, our goalie has his hands on the ball, 3 rangers essentially bodycheck him into the net, ball goes in... ref lets it go... just after yellow carding a ranger for running our keep over... go figure... 5 minutes left... we respond by playing like crazy, win a corner, perfect cross in that our centre mid runs on hard and heads it in... 1-1, whistle goes a minute or so later ... and a gritty tie pulled out... for most of the game we were the better team, but their goalie and defense defeated most of our chances... and we have to play a full 90 and not watch the play from on the field... ND next week

I took the corner, the ball was blowing into the net as everyone jumped up for it including your keeper. It wasnt "in the net," but was on its way. Couldnt see the meele from where I was.
As for outplaying us, 1st half for sure but your conditioning showed in the 2nd as we often passed the ball up the field. Your long ball to forward caused some long runs back but if you count that as possession, then well done. You battled hard after we scored and we made a few dumb plays as result costing us points
Bottom line, we were bad........too many passengers. Points lost. Excuses none. Maybe our worst game of year, I think the mission was but other disagree. Either way.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0