Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Nationals Nova Scotia

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Alikira, if SU wins tomorrow over Sask they play f or gold. Ontario has to win both of there games and they will play for bronze!

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Two huge wins for both BC teams today. We were playing side by side this afternoon.

Columbus 3 Woodbridge (Ont) 2

They went ahead about 12 minutes in, Scigs jammed twice to give us a 2-1 leads at half. TK missed a peno when Kushy was taken down on a break away, should have been a red but the keeper only got a yellow.

Ontario drew level about 5 minutes after the restart. And were a man down about 5 min after that. Kushy slotted a rebound from a Scigs freekick with about 7 to play.

Huge win that puts us top with a tie tomorrow us in the final on Monday.

Have to say I have never played against a bigger bunch of cry babies in my life.

Surrey won 4-0. Im sure Megs or the Conductor will fill us in.

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Double Gold would definitely be sweet, Regs! And the SU ladies are just one win away from our half of the deal!

An easy 4-0 win over Saskatchewan today - we probably played our best spells of footy in the first half and scored three before half which allowed a lot of people with nagging injuries some rest.

Day off tomorrow and then the final on Monday against Quebec. They are the same team that we beat in round robin play last year and in the bronze medal game the year before. So we know each other well and it should be quite the battle.

4 down and 1 to go for the back-to-back National Championship!!

Mr. Rempa

Jul 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well done so far Ladies and Gentlemen...keep going and bring the GOLD with you

Nutmegs said:
4 down and 1 to go for the back to back National Championship!!

The most difficult one

Nutmegs:

Those games with Quebec in the past years don't count, so tell the rest of the girls to make sure the job is done...looking forward anyways to see you with another medal.

Zenga:

Good luck to you and the boys tomorrow

Mr. Rempa

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well it's official both BC teams will be playing for Gold tomorrow. Columbus went down early 1-0 to Manitoba. Manitoba basically went into bunker mode after that keeping 9 guys back, Columbus finally got a break when the MB defenseman had a brain cramp and defending off of a corner kick decided to play goalie. An obvious call for a pk. Joey converted it and then super sub Gino came on and added spark to set up Joey for the game winner. Final was 2-1, I personally think that it was not Gino but the lucky NY Islander's hat that he has been wearing that brought them good fortune!:D Columbus now play tomorrow at 12:30 against Alberta, which is Larssson's boys should be a cracker of a game! SU plays QC just before at 10am. We were trying to figure out the last time both BC teams played for Gold, Regs maybe you can help us out with that!

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pretty much summed up by the Conductor.

Down one at half and we stormed out and scored 2 for the victory.

Scigs scored both and now has 5 for the tourney.

Final tomorrow vs Alberta.

Both BC teams in the Final.

FORZA BC

Shout out to the Surrey piccone for coming to an early match on their day off!

Ralph Wiggum

Jun 10, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well it's official both BC teams will be playing for Gold tomorrow. Columbus went down early 1-0 to Manitoba. Manitoba basically went into bunker mode after that keeping 9 guys back, Columbus finally got a break when the MB defenseman had a brain cramp and defending off of a corner kick decided to play goalie. An obvious call for a pk. Joey converted it and then super sub Gino came on and added spark to set up Joey for the game winner. Final was 2-1, I personally think that it was not Gino but the lucky NY Islander's hat that he has been wearing that brought them good fortune!:D Columbus now play tomorrow at 12:30 against Alberta, which is Larssson's boys should be a cracker of a game! SU plays QC just before at 10am. We were trying to figure out the last time both BC teams played for Gold, Regs maybe you can help us out with that!

In 1996 both Westside and UBC Alumni WON Gold, but I'm sure both teams have been in the final several times since then, including Peg/UBC the following year...

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Excellent stuff! Good luck to both the ladies and the men tomorrow!

I think Ralph is spot on the last time. We lost the '97 final to Alberta in Calgary but I can't remember if the UBC birds made the final as well that year (they didn't win I know that)

Ralph Wiggum

Jun 10, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Excellent stuff! Good luck to both the ladies and the men tomorrow!

I think Ralph is spot on the last time. We lost the '97 final to Alberta in Calgary but I can't remember if the UBC birds made the final as well that year (they didn't win I know that)

I was helping coach at the time as well as repping UMBRO, we/they lost in the final to Ottawa, as we did the next year too. :(

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't know the final score or any details but it appears that the Ladies lost the final to Quebec :(

Unlucky Nutmegs and the rest of the SU Girls!

oranje

Nov 12, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't know the final score or any details but it appears that the Ladies lost the final to Quebec :(

Unlucky Nutmegs and the rest of the SU Girls!

It appears it was 3-0 Quebec (tournament website).

The mens game started at 8:30 pacific time.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ouch. As much as it pains me to say it, congrats to Larson and the rest of the Callies...

Alberta 5
Clanbus 0

Something or someone must have snapped to have it unravel like that!

oranje

Nov 12, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unfortunately, if my reading of the tournament website is correct, BC lost to AB 5-0 in the mens final. :(

I am sure Larsson will give us the details.

(Edit: Sorry, was typing this as Regs posted)

Dizou

Nov 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've been in Calgary over a year and watched the Callies play this year, and even though the Alberta Major League is a joke the Callies are a damn good team. Team has been together forever, very well organized, with seemingly the right player at each position, lots of talent. This team would be good in any league, but just maybe not as healthy in the faster, more competitive and physical VMSL.

I must say, doesn't help that BC goes to Nationals 3 weeks into the season whereas everyone else goes at the end of theirs. Callies weren't all that hot 3 weeks in either.

Leftonly

Jul 18, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Larsson - you playing or coaching? congrats either way, if playing must make for a hell of a wall pass.

Very shocked at result, but Columbus has struggled in the first part of the season here, being mates with some of the guys and playing them already, I think it is more due to the new faces and number of bodies they have through their line-up right now, that I think is preventing a flow to the team.

Having played in that summer money tournament with them, loads of talent, and would say they are all in good shape, as that tourney defeinitely would have helped (6 games in 3 days) - second week of August.

Oh well - what's painful is hearing Larson (celtic wank) predict this weeks ago.

Where are nationals next year?

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0